LPW Wrestling

LPW

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you want me to do dude, I get told what is what for my show, then I write the press release and send it and the paper cant even get that right and they know it as I told them 7 - 8 times. Other promoters don't go running round taking their ads down and putting new ones up do they so why do people expect me to do that, I do what I can, when 5,000 magazines get printed and sent out what do u expect me to do get each address and tell them someone is not on the show.

On sat I get the MC to announce Lisa is not on the show and we go from there, that's all I can do. Remember I am a one man band.

Just hope when people come they will see its the best show on the night in Leeds and prove I am a good promoter who deserves to be there

OK OK we're shouting after the horse has bolted.  I get it.  But it's something to bear in mind for the future.  A footnote on all flyers & posters, before any press releases.

I would imagine other promoters use the same disclaimer.  Even WWE use is in event advertising.

Be prepared to proffer refunds on Saturday night, as someone else has mentioned that people may turn up just to see Lisa-Marie, especially on the back of the in-print features.  Having the ring announcer tell the audience she's not there may not be the best bet, 'cos it'll be him that cops any flak immediately.

If I were you, I'd get a stack of A5 or A6 slips printed out locally & cheaply, with the news that Lisa-Marie isn't on the bill & have them handed out at the door as punters arrive.  Save face, & cover yourself.  You may find you won't need to give any refunds that way, but either way be prepared to issue immediate refunds if Lisa-Marie fans are unhappy.

Just advice for Saturday, & the future in general.

MIGHT not need to refund, i can tell u now some people on here or in the wrestling world will try it on and use it as a excuse, i am happy to do it for real people who were they to see her and only her but to bullshit me its wrong or anyone.

I am trying so hard and i am learning from all these mistakes, but what can u do when 5,000 magazines have gone out, posters, flyers its inpossible to go round chase them all up, for the non promoters on here yeh looks easy but its not. I did that when I went to my first wrestling training. I went and watched and I was big headed yeh the bumps and wristlocks so easy and my cardio I am fit as hell, in the end it was a nightmare and not easy from then on I no things are not as easy as they seem.

But yeh next show I learn from this mistake

You can tell the genuine people from the ones trying a line ... they'll be the ones who leave the venue after they've received their refund.  If they stay, then they weren't genuine.  A partial refund for one missing performer is not going to happen either ... look, if someone says "I only came for Lisa-Marie, but she's not here now so I want a refund," then fine.  If they then say "I'll stop on to watch the show anyway," then they're out for a freebie.  If you offer £2 refund to cover the missing performer, then they weren't really there just for that missing performer.

You can tell the genuine people from the ones trying a line ... they'll be the ones who leave the venue after they've received their refund.  If they stay, then they weren't genuine. 

Bullshit.  If I traveled to a show for a single performer who wasn't there, I might expect a refund but certainly wouldn't then leave, what a waste of time.

Leave the poor lad alone, the point about he disclaimer is fair but the rest of this feels like trying to pressure him into offering refunds which may or may not be what he decides to do but is up to him.

Adam, if you're not sure what to do, ask Ricky for advice not a web forum....

Yeh i do ask rick for advice lot and i am a pain in the ass BUT i want things to work out thats why i am a nightmare as he would agree, might even do a horror movie i am that much of a nightmare and i am sorry for that rick if your reading this.

I've already had a few calls for tickets and i did say shes not gonna be there, you no i be truthful again and some people will not like what i say but its true and i do have proof which wont be going online as end of the day it makes me look worse than some of the talent but 3rd show was crap, about 4 - 5 people came, talent were only really messinga bout in the ring and this kids father came to me and said this is shit and i thought i give him a full refund because i agree they were not doing what they were paid for, i do things by the book and if refunds or whatever is needed i do it.

You can tell the genuine people from the ones trying a line ... they'll be the ones who leave the venue after they've received their refund.  If they stay, then they weren't genuine. 

Bullshit.  If I traveled to a show for a single performer who wasn't there, I might expect a refund but certainly wouldn't then leave, what a waste of time.

Leave the poor lad alone, the point about he disclaimer is fair but the rest of this feels like trying to pressure him into offering refunds which may or may not be what he decides to do but is up to him.

Adam, if you're not sure what to do, ask Ricky for advice not a web forum....

I'm not having a go, just pointing out a worse case scenario.  And if I'd travelled for one performer, to find they weren't there, then I would ask for a refund & leave.  May be it's just me.

I've already had a few calls for tickets and i did say shes not gonna be there, you no i be truthful again and some people will not like what i say but its true and i do have proof which wont be going online as end of the day it makes me look worse than some of the talent but 3rd show was crap, about 4 - 5 people came, talent were only really messinga bout in the ring and this kids father came to me and said this is shit and i thought i give him a full refund because i agree they were not doing what they were paid for, i do things by the book and if refunds or whatever is needed i do it.

Good to read ... Ricky Knight will see you straight. 

The "Card subject to change" line, does that appear on your original poster?  That's the mistake, not the magazine.  You KEEP saying you're learning from mistakes but you aren't, you're not taking culpability.

what the fuck do you want me to do keith run round leeds and collect every flyer, poster and magazine and waste more money, I am taking the advice which is above and let people know. I think you need to be banned from any LPW threads as all ou do is moan i have not changed or i need to do this and that which things can't be changed at this point and things can be fixed at the show as adviced.

I'm saying the initial mistake was on your original poster, not the magazine.  It's a massive oversight, an amateur hour mistake.  I'm sure it'll never happen again though and it's a real shame she can't make it.  A real shame.

If you wanted a USP, I'd have made more of the WAW connection.  I know it's not the same as having a former WWE champ on the card, but having her family on a card that you'd usually have to travel 100 plus miles to see?  That would get a few bums on seats, certainly.  Had it not been for the Lawler evening the night before (which ironically he can't attend), I was giving serious consideration to going to this, solely to see the Knight family.

He has said that he asked the website to change it but they haven't. For me that does seem strange as the website does say it was updated on the 10th so they could have taken out the offending lines but never mind it's a bit late now. For future I'm sure Adam will remember the "card subject to change" disclaimer but with a couple of days to go it's going to take quite a bit of work to get new posters, fliers and PR out, especially with the poster designer and graphics guy doing a runner. Hopefully he learns next time but I would agree that having the WAW guys around is certainly a selling point up in that neck of the woods. I actually think that they would get a little more attention than one of the Bushwhackers on a poster and at the forefront of publicity. Victoria was a selling point but if she was the sole one then I could see more problems than you're in already over the problems!

Keith come along and see a great show, end of the day i am still learning, even i teach old dogs new tricks sometimes. That mistake wont happen again its on my check list for next time

You come along and then you can critisise my show or put a good word about then, as you have been then. I belive you cant say anything about a event unless your there.

Here's the one single thing that will save you a lot of hassle over this Lisa Marie situation:

Who's the one person who every single customer coming into the venue will have to speak to before they actually get inside and sit down? The person taking the tickets/money on the door. Make sure this person mentions it to everyone on their way into the room, so all your customers are aware of the situation before they hand their money over.

Put a couple of signs around to let people know, too - from what I know of the venue, you're upstairs so maybe put a sign at eye level on the stairs and another at the top of the stairs, and one on the desk/table where the money is taken. All it needs to say is something along the lines of "unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control Lisa Marie is not able to appear this evening".

That way, everyone knows what's going on and it's then up to them if they still want to pay their money. In the case of anyone who has bought tickets in advance, they can either come into the show or they can choose to get a full refund and go home.

Archived