Best talkers who couldn't work for shit

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we can safely excuse lack of technicality or crispness of execution if they regularly got in-ring reactions out of crowds, I haven't watched enough Jake matches to know if that's the case or not with him, but I know his psychology is well regarded.

• Paid Members

I reckon we can safely excuse lack of technicality or crispness of execution if they regularly got in-ring reactions out of crowds, I haven't watched enough Jake matches to know if that's the case or not with him, but I know his psychology is well regarded.

Mostly by him.

Ramon is preposterous. For a start, he's a better worker than he is a talker in the Ramon character.

• Paid Members

When people start chucking Razor Ramon's name into this discussion (without elaborating, no less), you know it's fucked. Honestly, that's a mental suggestion.

Sj, you'd assume given his demeanour that Jake would be quite the decent psychological and methodical wrestler, being very clever in picking his opponent apart and getting into their head. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case and he was shite. Really is a shame.

I love that in a thread where Godfather and Nathan Jones are named, you pick on Raven. Compared to those two, Raven is Roddy Piper.

But do they or anyone else claim they were good talkers? Before this thread i mean. Raven thinks he is some sort of wrestling genuise and cut all these great promo's. He didnt.

This thread isn't about guys who weren't as good as they thought themselves to be. Raven was a good and sometimes very good talker and a pretty decent worker, not amazing at either but a real solid hand who was the main part of some of the best midcard segments during his WCW run.

• Paid Members

Im am about as big a mark for Raven as anyone here/

He was on his day a great promo guy. However he even admits he would sometimes phone it in rather than work his ass off. He calls them his "lazy years" 

Hes not in the class of Shit for being unable more shit because he wanted to be. 

Edit....

Scott hall made this thread?.........wow..

• Paid Members

Luther Reigns? I seem to recall him reeling off some surprisingly articulate promos etc when he was associated with Kurt Angle & Mark Jindrak, but have little recollection of his ring work. He was obviously given the job because of Vince's thing about big, tall fellas but didn't last very long so obviously did something wrong. He looked like he should have shouted and ranted about everything, but had a really measured tone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DO4WJL2kr-U"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ric Flair used to drive me crazy insisting that Ramon was a useless worker, too. Although that was his 2002-2008 'everyone but Hunter and Shawn are horseshit' phase where he routinely slammed any one of the sixty or so people who hurt his feelings in WCW.

I used to think Vampiro was good on the Mic in WCW (I loved his character at least )but I am sure any matches were average at best. I believe he has a very high opinion of himself also a bit like Konnan.

I read an interview once with Konnan where he says he taught Bret the sharpshooter. Saying he wanted to do what Sting can do and Konnan saying he would show him. Surely thescorpian death lock/sharpshooter cannot be so difficult that he couldn't have worked it out for himself.

Archived