WWF President Jack Tunney

TheLowdown1987

• Paid Members

Hogan vs Tunney were having a bit of a feud in late 91. It can be described as "Vince and Austin it wasnt." I wonder if the steroid trail wasnt in full effect and 1992's plans all changed, if Hogan would have had a feud with a stable of Tunney's merry men.

What's funny is, I bet Daniel Bryan has already had more appearances on screen as a authority figure than Tunney had his whole WWF run. Things worked at a different pace back then.

• Paid Members

Maybe Dixie can fill a similar role once TNA's done?

Wouldn't that just be Dixie sitting at her dinner table at home, talking to a camera that is not even plugged in, hoping someone will listen to her?

"Kids, I have a major announcement for you tomorrow about dinner."

Couldn't Vince play a similar role? All it would need is for him to make the big announcements from a desk in his office in Titan Towers. It would make a change and break up the current boring stuff they are doing on Raw (and Smackdown).

Sounds good to me. Vince behind the desk could be a nice evolution for his character in his waning years. The "gosh you guys are quiet tonight, it's me damnit! did you like WrestleMania?" years have been embarrassing at times.

• Paid Members

Maybe Dixie can fill a similar role once TNA's done?

Wouldn't that just be Dixie sitting at her dinner table at home, talking to a camera that is not even plugged in, hoping someone will listen to her?

"Kids, I have a major announcement for you tomorrow about dinner."

"Erm, kids, can you lend me your pocket money?  I can get you your dinner tonight, maybe tomorrow night too.  After that, it'll all be fine".

• Paid Members

Abyss pops up from behind the sofa "THEY are coming!".

Insert grandparents.

She'd lead the kids to believe it's the grandparents, but at the last minute they'd get invited to Vince McMahon's so Dixie would have to make do with Vince Russo, James Storm and Spud as a desperate last minute surprise.

The old WWF was portrayed as a wrestling league with its own set of rules that had to be enforced.   It was a particularly serious feud if Jack Tunney had to be involved to add stipulations or make matches.  

Now, the WWE portrays itself onscreen as a company that is trying to get ratings.   Shane and Stephanie are there to compete for ratings, not to ensure rules are followed, just that one show is better than the other.    

I actually think there should be one sparingly used commissioner, and just use Shane and Steph as brand GMs

Archived