Big Returns/Debuts yet to happen

The King of Old School

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roode is absolutely the man to win the rumble on his debut.

Nakamura surely? he's been booked arguably as strong as anyone in the company since his debut.

Outside of the entrance Roode isn't much craic. 

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!

• Paid Members

Roode is brilliant, there's a reason why for years so many people have said that he'd be their pick from TNA to make it in WWE. Watching him on NXT it's clear as day that he has that aura missing from most guys on the main roster. He just oozes stardom.

• Paid Members

Get him on SD! then. Styles is still palatable and there's less rubbish on SD I find. For some reason I still watch RAW hoping for a moment like Goldberg's return, the HHH/Taker silent statesmen or a surprise title change when Dolph first cashed in. Rarely happens.

SD always goes on in the back ground but I end watching as there's a few quality moments per show.

• Paid Members

I think Raw's problem is that they have 3 hours to fill. Smackdown has less time, so gets on with things a bit more. If they're wanting to make a proper go of the Cruiserweight thing why not give them the opening hour of Raw, then the other two hours can be for the other guys, with hopefully less padding for time?

I think Raw's problem is that they have 3 hours to fill. Smackdown has less time, so gets on with things a bit more. If they're wanting to make a proper go of the Cruiserweight thing why not give them the opening hour of Raw, then the other two hours can be for the other guys, with hopefully less padding for time?

They probably don't want the first hour to have the same shite ratings as the third I'd imagine.

I think opening up with Cruiserweight Raw for the first 45/60 minutes isn't a bad idea to trial.

A couple of good matches with backstage/pre-taped segments to help get to know the talents is worth a try.

During the hour you can always hype up whats to come over the next 2 hours, show people like Reigns or whoever arriving at the arena too.

Has to be better than the 5 minute nothing matches stuck in the middle of Raw at the moment.

I reckon WWE should just have the 3rd hour of Raw for NXT but then I suppose you risk losing Network subscriptions given NXT is one of the selling points, but following Goldbergs return it does go to show that fans are willing to tune into that 3rd hour if there is a good reason (I know Goldberg/NXT are two different things). 

For some reason I still watch RAW hoping for a moment like Goldberg's return, the HHH/Taker silent statesmen or a surprise title change when Dolph first cashed in. Rarely happens.

I used to too but nowadays those things are so few and far between, and with Raw at 3 hours,it's hard to justify. Especially as almost all the good moments happen within Rumble - WrestleMania season, it makes watching outside of then even more difficult. A couple of times a year I'll try and make the effort to start watching Raw but it only ever lasts a few weeks at tops. In fact, the past couple of years I've barely watched Raw between Rumble and WrestleMania either.

The best system I've found is to watch the clips WWE put on YouTube of Raw and Smackdown, watch NXT and the PPV's, and watch the few hot segments (ie Goldberg) in full. 

Archived