Favourites that you soured on...

Liam O'Rourke

The New Day have quickly gone from being a moderately entertaining group of lads to the most annoying fuckwits on the face of the earth.

Well I say New Day, it's more Xavier Woods than it is Kofi & Big E.

I liked his trombone gimmick when it was first introduced, then it was just the "new...day rocks" bit over and over. Now anything with three syllables gets the "new...day rocks" treatment, so thanks for that Woods.

If he put half as much effort into his wrestling as he did trying to prove himself as being some sort of uber-nerd because he still plays on his Mega Drive, he'd be knocking on the main event door. Obviously, that's never going to happen because why be a PS4 when you can be too cool for school and be a NEO-GEO instead.

He's basically a South Park Memberberry. Alright, we get it, you like 'geeky' things like old computer games and comic books. I bet he doesn't even call them that, he's one of those pricks who calls them graphic novels for sure.

And what in the bluefuck is "being booty" supposed to be? If you went up to someone and said "they were being booty", they'd look at you like you'd need to be sectioned.

In fact, the projection of "look at us, we're well random" with unicorns and rainbows and tshirts coming in cereal boxes and New Day Booty-O cereals which are definately not the same thing as ASDA's own Multigrain Hoops.

It's not random, it's just saying any old shit

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The New Day have quickly gone from being a moderately entertaining group of lads to the most annoying fuckwits on the face of the earth.

Well I say New Day, it's more Xavier Woods than it is Kofi & Big E.

I liked his trombone gimmick when it was first introduced, then it was just the "new...day rocks" bit over and over. Now anything with three syllables gets the "new...day rocks" treatment, so thanks for that Woods.

If he put half as much effort into his wrestling as he did trying to prove himself as being some sort of uber-nerd because he still plays on his Mega Drive, he'd be knocking on the main event door. Obviously, that's never going to happen because why be a PS4 when you can be too cool for school and be a NEO-GEO instead.

Alright, we get it, you like 'geeky' things like old computer games and comic books. I bet he doesn't even call them that, he's one of those pricks who calls them graphic novels for sure.

And what in the bluefuck is "being booty" supposed to be? If you went up to someone and said "they were being booty", they'd look at you like you'd need to be sectioned.

In fact, the projection of "look at us, we're well random" with unicorns and rainbows and tshirts coming in cereal boxes and New Day Booty-O cereals which are definately not the same thing as ASDA's own Multigrain Hoops.

It's not random, it's just saying any old shit

Forgot about New Day actually. Kevin Owens was right when he said they jumped the shark 6 months ago. I grew tired of them around the early part of the summer. They're not funny or entertaining anymore. It's like they're trying too hard to get laughs from the crowd. You cracked me up about the being booty stuff though haha

One positive about them, when I was into them earlier this year I bought some New Day socks. Which are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn

Just thinking about this the other day, independant of this thread. Foley. I adored WCW Cactus Jack and most things he did from there on (with the exception of corporate Mankind & Rock/Sock). Even helped get me into Puro, with the very brief death match clips WWF showed of him in Japan. Had he retired after the Cell match with HHH (as he appeared to have done), it would've been perfect. Instead he works WM, way out of shape & from there on I gradually started to lose much of the respect I had for him. Could only cite his match with Orton at Backlash '04 & the odd thing in TNA that were even close to being worthy, but basically, the damage had been done for me back in 2000. Subsequent stuff he may have said or done doesn't bother me and other than reading occasional comments on here, I'm largely unaware of it. The 'crime', as with many wrestlers, was not knowing when to go.

Kane for me. I was an absolutely massive fan from the debut up until the first unmasking. I still enjoyed his matches, especially against the more 'workrate' guys like Benoit, who he had a great house show match with in Manchester that I was at when Benoit had the World title. Since about 2006 he's just become a chore to watch and the reboot with the glove-over-the-face finisher was terrible.

Corporate Kane was actually a decent heel gimmick but the flip flopping with the mask and face/heel dynamic killed that quickly.

I don't really blame him for doing the Mania 4 Way, If someone tells you they want to give you the chance to live the dream and Main Event Wrestlemania in your last ever Match It would be very hard to say No to and for all intents and purposes he did retire after that match

Even his WWE Matches since then with Evolution, Orton and Edge were decent with a good story to them but anything after that I agree have been dire, especially his TNA Run.

I still Like the Old guy though and enjoy having him around on TV and he has done well to lose some of the weight, tho he could do with a shave  

Totally agree on both Foley - to go from being arguably the most "liked" wrestler in history to reaching a point where nobody would give a shit if you disappeared forever is quite the fall from grace - but especially with JR. I mean I loved that guy so much I was fucking gutted when WWE started trying anything to get rid of him. How could they treat a clear legend so badly?

Even knowing he's the hirer and firer was alright - someone had to do it - and I was totally okay with forgiving his increasingly miserable behaviour and "business first" approach, but what truly soured me was *that* puppy story. Not even the story in itself was enough to put me off, so much as the fact that he genuinely saw it as this great anecdote to tell on every single "Evening with" show, on every damn podcast, like it's a great character-building story. And even the fact that 99% of everyone who heard that story recoiled merely seemed to just confirm in his mind that they weren't mentally tough enough or something. Oh, and then there was the time someone on Twitter asked for advice after they were diagnosed with Bell's palsy - his response was "Stop crying and deal with it".

• Awards Moderator

JR is a very good shout as well. He was never a favourite of mine, but I fully bought into the idea of him as 'best announcer ever' and would get annoyed when they'd parade him out and humiliate him for the larfs. I could handle him being a grumpy old git on Twitter, though it soured me a bit, but like you, it was the puppy story that turned me off him completely. Wouldn't give him the time of day now and I think I'd be absolutely fine if he never turned up on WWE TV again.

I don't really blame him for doing the Mania 4 Way, If someone tells you they want to give you the chance to live the dream and Main Event Wrestlemania in your last ever Match It would be very hard to say No to and for all intents and purposes he did retire after that match

Even his WWE Matches since then with Evolution, Orton and Edge were decent with a good story to them but anything after that I agree have been dire, especially his TNA Run.

I still Like the Old guy though and enjoy having him around on TV and he has done well to lose some of the weight, tho he could do with a shave  

I agree to a point, but coming in half-arsed looking an even bigger sack of shit than he did normally, did him no favours [even with the time constraints]. Headlining a 4-way that he was going to lose anyway. Regardless, that really did the damage for me. I just found it sad.

I essentially stopped watching WWE late 2003 / early '04, so can't comment on some of that stuff, but as I said, to me the rot had already set-in & any mystique gone.

On the positive side, I can happily watch all his old stuff and block-out anything subsequent to that. Looking back at his WWF run [1996 - 2000 anyway], imo some of his matches were head 'n shoulders above the rest.

Rey is a good shout. I was going through the Rumbles before this year's one and 2006 is by far the worst of the decade. The FUCKING  "Oh... Eddie..*shakes fist*" was utterly cringeworthy even to a 13 year old at the time, and completely insulting after being genuinely devestated by the death of my first proper wrestling hero. I had hardly come to expect great class from that era of WWE, but I couldn't believe the barrel-scraping depths they were playing with here. Rey the ultimate underdog surviving an entire Rumble from the beginning and getting a title shot in Chicago should be a winner all day long but they went about it in the most classless way and it really stained his career from that point. 

He had good stuff after that like the Jericho and Punk programmes and matches, but certain PPV crowds never really took to him again from that point. It was sad really, and then his last activity in the E I remember him for was getting fucking obliterated by the crowd after being #30 in the '14 Rumble rather than D-Bry

I'll also add in Randy Orton. I think he's been alright since his return and built that Lesnar match really well, but I was fucking sick of him until he done his shoulder last year. 04 Orton was really something else though. Not sure how old he was but he was a TREMENDOUS snide and smug little fucker of a heel. I don't know whether it's down to overexposure or a lack of fire, but past a certain point he's really just limited to great moments in isolation - when you look at him back then, he should have been THE best. He's not bad, but he's not captured what had me so entranced back then

As a bonus, I'll chuck Goldust in. I might have missed something, but the only noteworthy thing he's done since his great team with Booker T is return, as far as I'm concerned. I don't take any humour from the character anymore, but I don't think it's really aimed at me.

I'm going to go for a more recent one as I do think over time naturally you may grow old of the same thing.

Seth Rollins 

Always enjoyed his work, was the mastermind/brains in the Shield, was the architect, always a good performer in the ring and he really came into his own when turning on The Shield. His cash in was brilliant and he rarely in my opinion had bad matches, the at triple threat the rumble was spot on, the cash in as already mentioned was perfect and I didn't even mind him so much with the Authority and J&J Security as he was always deemed to be the smart one who would always be moves ahead.

Unfortunately he had his injury probably at the worst time and he just hasn't been the same since, he isn't the same Seth that masterminded the Shield, now he is just a face without any real meaning, he goes totally against everything I loved about him, he hasn't even got the curb stomp and makes do with a shitty pedigree (Yeah I know this was before his injury).

I just find it hard to get behind him when his character has become so bland and grey, the worst part is when he came back he could have been the white hot baby face in his white ring attire but they kept him heel and now they are trying to run with him as face but without any real reasons for the fans to get behind him.

In two-three years he has gone from 'The Architect' to 'Seth Freakin Rollins'. I think the new shirt says it all. 

I'll go for Bray Wyatt.

The introductory vignettes on Raw were intriguing and some of the early stuff the Wyatts did with the Shield was great.

Now he has descended into the same rambling "I see through the machine, the predator has become the prey, the translucent donkey is in a spacesuit, follow the buzzards" nonsense promos every week.

The problem with The New Day is that because they have shifted shit load of merch they keep being pushed/with much of the same every week. They've done well though from when they were first a group, I remember hearing they sold the most merch at Mania weekend so wouldn't surprise me if they've topped the merch year to date as well, WWE always drag these acts out as they know they are still making money. There can't still be much life left in them though. 

Archived