Kevin Nash

TheLowdown1987

I've had the same avatar on here for a couple years now for a reason. Hall used to be my guy but I've just heard a few too many stories of him being a real life cunt and it soured me on him a little whereas Big Kev is, as covered, just cool as fuck and everything I aspire to be.

I kinda got that too. Nash is the safe one to like in the Outsiders.

I wish he was on every one of those KC shoot timeline things, baked on red wine.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Had to sell a kidney to get the PWI 500 one year. The worry about whether Kawada was in the top 5 didnt fell as bad when you were on a drip.

Imagine having to buy this?

THE-WRESTLER-magazine-November-1999-WWE.

Around the mid 90s I went to smiths and bought a copy of powerslam. I noticed it didn't have a centre poster when I left, so I popped back in, explained to the cashier who asked a member of staff to find the loose poster. They returned and in front of a queue of older lads held up a poster of HBK in his pants on a beach and said "is this it?"

I said no.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members
On 10/19/2016 at 3:56 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Around the mid 90s I went to smiths and bought a copy of powerslam. I noticed it didn't have a centre poster when I left, so I popped back in, explained to the cashier who asked a member of staff to find the loose poster. They returned and in front of a queue of older lads held up a poster of HBK in his pants on a beach and said "is this it?"

I said no.

I've raised this point before, but as a kid I always wished that these magazine editors lived a bit more outside the wrestling bubble and gave some thought to how it looked to anyone who didn't watch wrestling.

The embarrassment caused by buying some editions of Powerslam or WWF Magazine was off the charts and I remember once holding Raw magazine in one hand and WWF magazine in the other and trying to decide which one I would buy on the basis of being slightly less homo erotic.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I've raised this point before, but as a kid I always wished that these magazine editors lived a bit more outside the wrestling bubble and gave some thought to how it looked to anyone who didn't watch wrestling.

The embarrassment caused by buying some editions of Powerslam or WWF Magazine was off the charts and I remember once holding Raw magazine in one hand and WWF magazine in the other and trying to decide which one I would buy on the basis of being slightly less homo erotic.

It could be a death sentence as a kid. I made a lucky escape out of the situation above because I said “no” and it was believable.

Pretty much a year earlier you could buy wwf stickers for the purple album with Diesel on the front, that was acceptable, because you could at least say “for my little brother”. 

There’s absolutely no way out of systematic bullying if other kids caught a glimps of your 1996 Power Slam centrepieces. No way you could pass those off as your little brothers.

I was never really that concerned about buying wrestling magazines and never saw it as a reason as to why I could be bullied for watching wrestling or being gay etc.

However, I remember buying Raw Magazine with Sunny on the front cover in green Lingerie and the lady behind the counter started thumbing through the magazine to make sure there was no naked pictures in there (her own words). Maybe naivety on my part but that was the first time  I thought I was being judged.

I always felt embarrassed buying PS after the 98-01 boom died down. The name of the magazine, the occasional pink magazine logo, combined with a sweaty Triple H or Cena on the cover would have been sufficient ammunition for the rough lads in my school to make my life miserable. Thankfully they never much darkened the doors of our local magazine/bookshop.

Remember trying to buy this Raw magazine  https://goo.gl/images/GBxJ1B in 1999 when I was 12, and the lady in the shop told me I was too young to be buying adult magazines. I was mainly buying it to cut out pictures of The Rock and Kane for my weird scrapbook, but had the good sense to keep that to myself. 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:31 PM, DCW said:

I always felt embarrassed buying PS after the 98-01 boom died down. The name of the magazine, the occasional pink magazine logo, combined with a sweaty Triple H or Cena on the cover would have been sufficient ammunition for the rough lads in my school to make my life miserable. Thankfully they never much darkened the doors of our local magazine/bookshop.

Remember trying to buy this Raw magazine  https://goo.gl/images/GBxJ1B in 1999 when I was 12, and the lady in the shop told me I was too young to be buying adult magazines. I was mainly buying it to cut out pictures of The Rock and Kane for my weird scrapbook, but had the good sense to keep that to myself. 

Thankfully I shrewdly hid my copy of Powerslam in between the pages of my copies of Arschekstase, Rusty Trombone and Gay Rompathon so my liking of wrassling wouldnt be exposed. A narrow escape! Trips inflicted far more protracted bummings to RVD and Booker T than anything in those fine publications.

Archived