Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Surprising finish to Extreme Rules for me but one that made do a little wee in my pants. I'd put it down as a dream match these days.

Usual decent PPV. Hardly anything bad, lots of good action, some great spots and a couple of title changes. The only thing I really didn't like was some of the spots in the IC Title match with that really hokey ref. Oh and Rollins selling his knee for five minutes and then doing that spot where he jumps off the ropes into a forward roll without so much as a twinge.

• Paid Members

I'm half expecting them to change it before the next ppv, but my god, Brock VS Joe! That is certainly dream match material for me. It's a fantasy match I played on Smackdown over ten years ago. Never, ever thought this match would happen, even when Joe signed and everyone on here predicted it would happen.

I'm erect boys, I'm erect.

I mean, it's typical WWE, showing no interest in someone for months and then pushing them on but who cares? ITS FUCKING JOE/LESNAR.

I don't even care that they put the tag titles on Twat Siren and the Blarney Stones after that.

It may be my jaded mind, but the really dumb finish to the IC title match took me out of the zone for the rest of the night. Compounded by the stips in the tag match, which as far as I remember, have never been both at the same time. Telegraphed the Jeff spot as soon as he escaped, but the pre-show didn't help that.

There were good seeds sown. Joe/Lesnar is a potential wet dream match, as long as it doesn't descend into Coquina clutch --> Standing switch --> German Suplices ad nauseam. Again Miz shows why he just gets it with his tangle with Renee post-show, will this lead to a more public acknowledgement of Renee and Ambrose?

In my sleep deprived state, is Miz/Ambrose Vince booking "Sports Entertainment" vs 'rasslin?

20 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

There were good seeds sown. Joe/Lesnar is a potential wet dream match, as long as it doesn't descend into Coquina clutch --> Standing switch --> German Suplices ad nauseam. Again Miz shows why he just gets it with his tangle with Renee post-show, will this lead to a more public acknowledgement of Renee and Ambrose?

All I imagine Joe/Lesnar to be is a 2017 version of the Joe/Kobashi match from ROH; just a festival of stiff punches and chops, with a crowd reacting to every strike like they're at a '94 Def Jam comedy special.

Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

All I imagine Joe/Lesnar to be is a 2017 version of the Joe/Kobashi match from ROH; just a festival of stiff punches and chops, with a crowd reacting to every strike like they're at a '94 Def Jam comedy special.

With Brock and Joe laughing insanely a la Taker/Lesnar? Heck if they're going that route, recreate Joe/Necro and get a couple of chairs centre ring.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bigfoote said:

It may be my jaded mind, but the really dumb finish to the IC title match took me out of the zone for the rest of the night. Compounded by the stips in the tag match, which as far as I remember, have never been both at the same time. Telegraphed the Jeff spot as soon as he escaped, but the pre-show didn't help that.

That was odd. Because Jeff escaped as you would in any other tag team cage match and then just stood there waiting for Matt. So even though they made a point of "at the same time", that didn't play into it at all. Not that escape in a tag team cage match makes any sense anyway. Why would you leave your partner 1 on 2?

• Paid Members

Joe being in the title picture certainly has me interested in it again. I have found post wrestlemania to be boring. But Joe/Brock will either be amazing or a damp squib and I am hoping it falls more on the amazing side. Not expecting him to get a run with the belt right now, but I do expect it will lead to better things for him

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

That was odd. Because Jeff escaped as you would in any other tag team cage match and then just stood there waiting for Matt. So even though they made a point of "at the same time", that didn't play into it at all. Not that escape in a tag team cage match makes any sense anyway. Why would you leave your partner 1 on 2?

I always thought the rule was once you escaped, you couldn't get back in. Has that changed or have I just dreamed that rule?

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

be facing each other at Great Balls of Fire. How on earth are they going to do a promo with a straight face?

Lesnar has enough pull to get away with them both saying 'at the ppv' and 'this Sunday' and telling them to fuck off when it comes to dropping the PPV name. 

Edited by Tommy!

Didn't think it was all that great of a show, but cracking main event and I went to sleep sticky... 

Fucking JOE & BROCK. That shit is breakfast 

Otherwise, Bayley is fucking dead right? She's been watching Sandman and Tommy Dreamer but couldn't get one swing of the twat stick in, and gets finished off after a DDT 

Was enjoying the cage match until the odd rule of "oh Jeff's back in that means he's gotta get back out again" this nonsense better be leading to Broken Matt