Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

The err opening main event was good.In a weird selfish way it just blends into being yet another one of them finisher heavy double speed the end is at the start WWE title matches the Cena/Brock/Rollins triple threat at the 'Rumble two years back really seemed to bring in to prominence, that match remaining the zenith of that particular style. Miz/Ziggler was actually far more pleasant a surprise and I thought told a great story. It was given enough time and it had a satisfying, logical conclusion. The video package before hand highlighted for me that this is absoloutely the best stuff of both their careers. Look... Ziggler's really good, got it?  :dickin:

I skimmed most of the rest including the main event so I was a bit confused when I scrolled along and found Shane McMahon and Alexa Bliss having a natter in the last ten minutes of the stream. Better watch a few Simpsons or something before Hell In A Cell comes on later. WWE 2016, baby. It's big and bloated and some of it's really great with a load of boring bits. 

• Paid Members

Meltzer seemed to quite enjoy this show. Good for him with the amount of stuff he gets through but i'm really not feeling the love for it at all. I guess if you like Ziggler, and didn't mind the title match confusion with AJ tapping out then maybe that would push it up in value, but I'm looking forward to next month with just one PPV show and it being dual brand after last nights offering.

I didn't have an issue with the tap out in the title match. They ran a similar angle on NXT last year which ran over a number of weeks and the refs involved looked a bunch of Berks, whereas last night Mike Chioda doesn't call for the bell, so you've got the timekeeper going into business for himself, so he waved it off immediately same as Charles Roninson did last year in the Lesnar/Undertaker match at Summerslam.

Yes, AJ tapped, but the ref stamped his authority by not allowing a double tap and set out for a decisive finish

• Paid Members

These split brand pay per views have fallen into the exact pattern as last time. Shit, nothing matches, between chumps who belong on Superstars and Main Event. In theory, it should be great, allowing guys to have more opportunities, and giving the fans more talent and fresh match ups to get invested in. The only problem is that there's nothing to sink your teeth into. Guys aren't built up anymore than they would be otherwise. They aren't given more character depth than they would have otherwise. Matches aren't given more interesting storylines than they would have otherwise. It's just chumps against chumps. Seriously, who the fuck could possibly care about Jack Swagger against Baron Corbin?! Fuck off.

Another thing I was wondering; that weird, floating camera angle that seems to be exclusive to Smackdown? Does that mean that the live crowd have to put up with a massive crane camera getting in the way of everyone's view? If so it seems like a massive waste of space and time. It doesn't provide anything that the hard camera doesn't provide, other than a slight sense of motion sickness.

I do enjoy heel Usos, I have to say. It's nice to see them act so differently. They genuinely look like the can't stand the fans and their look feels super refreshing. I wish Seth Rolling watched Smackdown, he might realise that a turn requires, you know, turning and acting or looking differently.

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator

Agreed with the comment above about the Wyatts. I'm sick of Bray at this point. It's been three years now and I'm still waiting for anything interesting to happen with him. Nice to have Harper back though, him vs Styles will be great if it happens down the line.

Also agreed with the above on camera angles, I only really watch Network specials now for main roster stuff, do they even use plain old hardcam anymore? Maybe I'm just not used to it but the camera moving about constantly is a bit distracting to me.

Show-wise, Miz and Ziggler was my favourite part, and that's something I didn't expect I'd ever say. I enjoyed the match, and didn't even mind Dolph winning.

Do we know what's wrong with Becky Lynch? They kept mentioning an issue that was nothing to do with in ring competition...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

She had been admitted to hospital for a health issue that isn't injury related, and is due back at the Glasgow tapings, but I think that's the height of the information so far.

I wish they had big plans for Harper but I really don't think they have him in mind for anything other than being Bray's sidekick again. He was talked about as going to the Raw brand until Rowan got injured. If he's just replacing Rowan as a body, then his future may not be looking exceptionally rosy.

Enjoyed that show.

Both singles title matches were really good to great. The crowd seemed really into the whole show as well which helped. Aside from Corbin Swagger and Alexa but neither match lasted long enough to outstay its welcome.

The main stories on SmackDown interest me a lot more than RAW so this show was really fun to me. Ziggler was on top form, but the only way I see him not going back to being shit is turning heel but that doesnt seem lke where the story is going at all - IC Title.match should definately have been the main event.

Bray/Orton was ok, was hoping sister abigail might debut tonight after what happened at SmackDown!.Harper being back is great but not as a lackey, was hoping he might turn on Bray at the end.

Top couple of hours.though, the best of the 3 single brand PPVs so far for me. Always helps having a decent crowd and the show kept them engaged.

Speaking of tapping out, I loved the daftness of Dean Ambrose stopping AJ Styles from tapping out by grabbing hold of his right hand...with everyone just ignoring that AJ's left hand was free to tap.

Plus the fact AJ could just say he quits!

Speaking of tapping out, I loved the daftness of Dean Ambrose stopping AJ Styles from tapping out by grabbing hold of his right hand...with everyone just ignoring that AJ's left hand was free to tap.

Plus the fact AJ could just say he quits!