*Expletive Deleted* Language

John Matrix

• Paid Members

A bit a sequel to the very popular C*nt Fashion thread started by the main man D-Mal. 

I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed by modern day terms, expressions and phrases. I'm not entirely convinced I wouldn't be, even if I were 20 years younger, but that's besides the point.

I'll give you an example...

I fucking hate the term 'squad' that's getting used more and more lately to describe a group of friends.  I cant explain why, this thread doesn't require justification, it just sounds like the sort of phrase I imagine to be used exclusively by bell-ends or those trainee footballers that used to do skillz and jiggle about like spastics on Soccer AM before they started filming it in the boot room of a Sports Direct.

Another one, now I don't even know what this means but I've seen it on three separate occasions in the past couple of days, even reading it as part of a sentence it makes no fucking sense, but the term 'on fleek' I mean come on, what the fuck? People are just making this shit up now aren't they? Don't tell me that has any sort of origin other than some twat thinking to themselves, if Lethal Bizzle can make up a word and have it catch on, then I'm gonna have a stab at it.

Aside from that, I can't stand 'laddish' terms. especially those relating to sexual matters, 'Smashing back doors in' or 'bashing a granny out' and the like.  What's wrong with a good old fashioned "Phwoar!" does anyone even say that anymore?   I could go on, but I'm hoping it's not just me and you'll all have things to contribute else i'll just climb back under my rock and cry-wank myself into oblivion.

• Paid Members

The word 'Banter'

I'm 90% sure it took off after a series of Big Brother years ago and has sadly become common place. It doesn't actually mean anything and is used  by idiots. Someone in work actually said He could never go out with a girl if she didn't have any banter. When I asked him what that actually meant he couldn't actually explain. If you can't explain why you are using a word then you really shouldn't be using it. 

• Paid Members

Bae.

It's just awful. It's not laziness because it's still one syllable. It's just stupid. Stupid oopid. I fucking hate it.

Like many others, you don't understand what bae means grandpa. It's not short for babe, at stands for Before Anyone Else.

• Paid Members

Bae.

It's just awful. It's not laziness because it's still one syllable. It's just stupid. Stupid oopid. I fucking hate it.

Like many others, you don't understand what bae means grandpa. It's not short for babe, at stands for Before Anyone Else.

Back at ya old man. It actually means both and there's conflicting stories that the acronym was added after it had been in use for a while.

• Paid Members

I don't know wheter I'm pleased or upset that I don't know what any of those expressions mean except totes.

I got midly annoyed at myself recently for using a millenial term in "Jive talking" only to be informed thats an old term.

Archived