WWE Clash Of Champions 2016 Discussion *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still found this PPV more entertaining than Backlash even if a couple of the results made zero sense.  I reckon they sent out Jericho to interfere in the main event instead of Hunter because they know the viewing figures will be shite for the fallout on Raw tonight because of the Trump/Clinton debate. 

• Paid Members

Triple H Vs Seth Rollins must be happening at Mania, which gives them like 7 months of build for it.

They've started the feud off way too soon and I think they've realised it and will lay off the Triple H appearances for a while.

It's the only explanation for not having Triple H make a single appearance since helping Owens win the title. Wasn't this match planned for WrestleMania this year at one point, before Rollins' injury? Can't say it fills me with excitement. Then again, although I like Rollins' ring work, I can't think of a feud involving him that would particularly interest me.

I just finished watching this and while I'm not sure I have a lot to say about it as an individual show, I am really enjoying the concept of single brand PPV's. There will be periods where it backfires, of course - tired feuds, depleted rosters - but it's nice to see so many wrestlers given the chance to put on decent, meaningful matches. I feel like every show's a genuine opportunity for someone to raise their stock now and I'm intrigued to see who rises to the occasion.

I haven't seen Raw yet so I'm guessing an answer is there already, but wouldn't it be funny if they just started the whole best of 7 series again with Cesaro & Sheamus? 

"We couldn't get a decisive winner, so we start all over again". I say funny, it would be painful but at least would save me a good 3 hours of WWE TV in the next few weeks. 

Got to help justify the $9.99 somehow for people.

Some people are clearly greedy if that's really the case. I have to give it to WWE when it comes to the network, $9.99 is tremendous value for money.

Yet people are still somehow streaming it illegally. Or at least they tell me they are. I'm not technical enough to know how. I assume it's witchcraft. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, the illegal stream thing annoys me too. Partly because the Network is such great value, partly because the more people WWE have paying for it, the more money they'll probably invest in cool original content and what not. I'm still waiting on my Steve Blackman Bounty Hunter show.

Weren't people abusing the "free month" by signing up once a month with dubious card numbers? I don't have the time or patience to muck around with stuff like that, but for some people $9.99 is a lot of money.

Weren't people abusing the "free month" by signing up once a month with dubious card numbers? I don't have the time or patience to muck around with stuff like that, but for some people $9.99 is a lot of money.

Archived