The "I've just watched ..." thread

mikehoncho

Bad Blood 2003 and 2004 are looping in my version of Wrestling Hell, with two HHH HIAC atrocities and that fucking Redneck Triathalon cunting up the 03 edition.

Has Jericho/Goldberg finished yet? I remember because I was Wan of Dem in 03 really wanting Jericho to shoot, brother, because they'd had aggro backstage for realises and Goldberg said no to the feud back in WCW. In the end the whole thing was just a pile a shit and everybody from the wrestlers to the fans were the ultimate losers. 2003 is absolute toilet.

• Paid Members

The only thing I remember from Jericho vs Goldberg is after the match babyface Goldberg awkwardly argues with a fan in the front row dressed in a full body Tigger costume. The camera then cuts away.

I don't remember the HHH/Nash HITC being too bad, but the HHH/HBK one was an almighty disappointment. I remember JR proudly announcing the long match length afterwards (which they never do), presumably to fabricate some grandness. That was long wasn't it?! Great yeah?! Definite classic yeah?!

No.

Edited by Rob Lowe

SOW wrestling 7/2/87 of dailymotion. One of the best episodes ever. Had Andre turning on Hulk, The Harts winning the belts, Outback Jack debut.

Now watchig SOW 6/10/90. Very interesting when Snuka is wrestling, Piper and Vince keep saying Snuka is on the Hulk Hogan vitamins with his build, then Piper says " i wonder if them vitamins have anything in them for memory loss" not sure if he is on about the murder thing or early dementia.

I love the old episodes of this for little snipes from the booth.

The only thing I remember from Jericho vs Goldberg is after the match babyface Goldberg awkwardly argues with a fan in the front row dressed in a full body Tigger costume. The camera then cuts away.

Ha, now you mention it I noticed that but didn't talk about it on the show. Dead weird. Presumably it's because they were loudly trying to get a Jericho chant going.

I don't remember the HHH/Nash HITC being too bad, but the HHH/HBK one was an almighty disappointment. I remember JR proudly announcing the long match length afterwards (which they never do), presumably to fabricate some grandness. That was long wasn't it?! Great yeah?! Definite classic yeah?!

No.

Nash/HHH isn't anywhere near as dull as THAT HBK/HHH match, but it's Kevin Nash in the main event of the first ever RAW exclusive PPV. In 2003. It's notable that Foley (the ref) is way more over than both guys. Plus the match is booked absolutely backwards with Triple H overcoming the odds to retain.

The show's live here if people fancy a listen, by the way. Not to blow my own trumpet but I reckon it's one of our best. That horrific cocktail NEWM mentioned of the Redneck Triathlon, the Nash Cell match and it being 2003 makes for good mockery material, even if it doesn't make for great watching.

Also watched Insurrexion 2002 this week btw. Were any of the UK PPVs any good? I seemed to remember Rebellion 2001 had the only televised Rock/Austin match outside of 'Mania X7 that year, but other than a few Hardcore title changes I remember pretty much nothing about any of them.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Moderators

Damnit. My saturday night just got ruined by a 1992 talkshow about an alleged´WWF peadophile scandal´.......

I was watching a a small interview with Dave Meltzer on YouTube and after that, it automatically skipped to the next one: a talkshow with Meltzer, Vince McMahon, Billy Graham, Bruno Sammartino and some people claiming they were fired because they did not want to sleep with Pat Patterson. Sammartino even blatantly claimed the `ring boys` were handpicked by Patterson for certain reasons. And his claims were backed up by Billy Graham. WTF

Next to the Chris Benoit murders, this has to be the weirdest WWE scandals of all time and of their biggest covers ups because I never knew it was such a big story back in the day. I knew of the steroid scandal, but this was all new to me.

Very bizar story. Patterson was ofcourse never convicted and still works there today.

FFS. Night ruined.

Wouldn't put any stock in that. Murray Hodgson was a compulsive liar.

That's the Donahue show isn't it? Just been reading about in Titan Sinking, but I have seen the video on YouTube before.

Paterson was gone for the company for about six months then quietly brought back once the heat had died down on that scandal once the steroid trial took center stage. It's quite the watch as Vince very rarely did any kind of media appearances as unless you read the dirt sheets & newsletters at the time, it wasn't well known that Vince was the main man at WWF. Kayfabe was still very much alive at the time so most fans would have just known McMahon as an announcer/commentator

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

put an old '95 episode of Hardcore TV on, and the lack of the proper music and the dubbed stock rock music they put over video packages and ring entrances ruins it. I know it'll be seen as just music to some people but it was an integral part of what made ECW what it was. It's a bit shit that it gets archived without it,

A January 16th 2016 Wrestle-1 show. Pretty dire. Was a televised tour show. Kaz Hayashi was good in the main event tag, but other than that was very bland dull show.

My lunch hours are my wrestling watching time these days. I usually rotate the following:

Match from networkplaylists randomiser.

Random show/event from WWE Network

Random match from the All Japan Google Drive archives

Random event from the Real Hero Google Drive archives

Random match/event from NJPW World.

Next up, Luke Gallows v Satoshi Kojima from a few years back at the G1 Climax.

Jun Akiyama v Kenta Kobashi was pretty great. Some real fire, and the Kobashi knee 'injury' spot was suitably believable. Great fire and some big moves and solid submissions.

Now just started watching a Ryo Kawagura Produce show from this year, which has Kawagura v Minoru Suzuki in the main. Opener wwas four guys I don't really know, but was fun - one guy had a flashing headdress that was pretty cool