UFC Fight Night: Lamas vs Penn - Oct 15

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

For the best. Card's fucked. I'm not even arsed either. Like I said in the OP, I don't really want to see Penn fight again anyway.

It's like something's trying to tell BJ Penn this comeback is a bad idea. This year he's been meant to fight at UFC 196 in March, then 197 in April, then 199 in June, then this Philippines show in October. And every time something's put the fight off. It's not meant to be.

Those first couple were just rumoured dates though, weren't they?

At least they're delaying the card and not outright scrapping it. It'd be a big slap in the face to the fans in the Philippines if they first lost the headline star, then Dana just said, "Fuck it, we won't bother going there."

Not fussed though personally. The only thing that drew the slightest bit of interest was to see if Penn could redeem himself at all for his past few years of horrible performances. A bit like Hendo in his later fights.

Jeremy Botter is saying on Twitter that UFC ended up cancelling the event due to the Filipino government trying to enforce 'absurd' drug testing regulations.

Others like MMAFighting have said low ticket sales were a big factor to them pulling the show. Supposedly only sold around 3,000-4,000 tickets for what is a 15,000+ arena.

Jeremy Botter is saying on Twitter that UFC ended up cancelling the event due to the Filipino government trying to enforce 'absurd' drug testing regulations.

Considering what's going on in the the Phillipines' "war on drugs", I wouldn't want to be the coach of a fighter who failed a drug test.

Anyway, I actually had no idea this was cancelled until just a minute ago but I'm totally fine with it. I'm another one with no interest in seeing BJ come back just to get beaten up and, quite frankly, I could do with the break. From November 5 until the week before Christmas I think we'll technically be averaging slightly above 1 show a week.

Archived