Rock or Austin?

HarmonicGenerator

Rock or Austin?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Rock. He was probably the biggest reason why I got back into wrestling in '99, because he was so cool to a 16-year-old kid like me. I couldn't stand Austin, but like how Pitcos put it- I saw him as the overpushed guy. Plus I thought he was rubbish as all he used to do was kick and punch. Looking back, he was fucking ace but at the time I really wasn't a fan.

Besides, he never did a song with Wyclef Jean.

I voted for The Rock and it really seems like a lot of people on the thread have too, yet the poll is over 2:1 in Austin's favour...

But yeah, Rocky's the man. Even now, I'll occasionally watch bog standard films or TV shows (looking at you, Ballers) because Dwayne's in it. He rules.

• Paid Members

I voted for The Rock and it really seems like a lot of people on the thread have too, yet the poll is over 2:1 in Austin's favour...

But yeah, Rocky's the man. Even now, I'll occasionally watch bog standard films or TV shows (looking at you, Ballers) because Dwayne's in it. He rules.

Yeah, I find myself having a similar relationship with his middling films and telly shows. Going in I know it's probably going to be very average, but The Rock.

Rock shades it for me. I only really got into WWF in late 98/early 99 and I thought Austin was a grumpy old twat back then. Rock was the epitome of cool to me at the time though. I enjoyed Rock up until he pissed off after Mania X7 in 2001 and returned in August to feud with Booker T, spewing crap insults, sorting a weird haircut and having shite drums in his new entrance music. Hollywood Rock made me a fan again in 2003 though. I've not liked any of his returns since really.

I liked paranoid heel Austin's short run during the invasion, but once he turned back face and was feuding with Jericho, Hall and Flair I was fed up with him again and was fairly glad when he sodded off home. His run as Sheriff Austin was cack too, arsing around on that stupid quad bike and stunning Stacy Keibler for no reason.

• Awards Moderator

Can I have two votes?

I idolised The Rock. As soon as he hit The Nation he was the man in my eyes. So funny, great trash talk, exciting up-down matches and made everything big time.

Like Pitcos said though, Austin's work has aged so much better. The intensity, the grit and sheer willingness to win by any means necessary is a timeless storytelling. Hearing him discuss the business on his podcast makes me appreciate his stuff so much more, especially when he does his commentaries.

But yeah if Rock is in a film or movie I'm watching it. Like that dogshit Central Intelligence - he's funny as fuck in it. Born to be a star.

Archived