Wrestlers who you thought were someone else

The King of Old School

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did think when the Ultimate Warrior returned at WM8 that it absolutely wasn't him - his hair was shorter, his physique had shrunk.... me and my mates thought they had got somebody else to be the Warrior. Our 10 year old minds were so confused.

...but then we also thought Bret Hart and Jimmy Hart were related, so...

• Paid Members

I did think when the Ultimate Warrior returned at WM8 that it absolutely wasn't him - his hair was shorter, his physique had shrunk.... me and my mates thought they had got somebody else to be the Warrior. Our 10 year old minds were so confused.

People in my school convinced themselves it was Texas tornado playing the part of the new warrior, because the old warrior had died.

So many fucked up points in that theory.

I did think when the Ultimate Warrior returned at WM8 that it absolutely wasn't him - his hair was shorter, his physique had shrunk.... me and my mates thought they had got somebody else to be the Warrior. Our 10 year old minds were so confused..

The day after Wrestlemania VIII had aired in the UK. One of my friends at school saw it and said the Warrior looked different, I remember him mentioning his hair was short and his eyes looked really strange.

• Paid Members

For his future WM appearance against HHH was it Lawler who said he'd heard rumours that warrior was now really fat and bald?

I remember him saying something along those lines and being genuinely freaked out about it, nail biting stuff waiting for him to sprint or waddle down to the ring.

• Paid Members

When I first got into wrestling, I got a Survivor Series 1988 tape for Christmas. My dad convinced me that the Powers of Pain were the same guys as Legion of Doom. I think it's perfectly acceptable for a boy of 7 to believe that, they looked more like LOD than the real Warlord and Barbarian did at that time.

Edit: Chad Collyer was definitely the budget Malenko.

Matt Striker had an impersonation gimmick in the promotions he wrestled in- think mainly in that promotion Blue Meanie ran, whatever it was called. 3PW?

Matt Stryker on the other hand, might be who you're thinking of. He was a technical guy and I'm pretty sure around in the early RoH days.

Archived