UFC at MSG

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Dana has apparently come out and said its gonna be Alvarez/Nurmagamedov at MSG.

That's so disappointing, if true.

The situation definitely reads like there's the usual power struggle between Conor and the UFC brass. McGregor vs. Alvarez is the perfect main event. Something must have happened for them to switch it to Khabib.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I bloody love Khabib and that, but aye, bit underwhelmed by this.

Rogan seemed to all but confirm Alvarez/McGregor was on during his Fight Companion, but the man needs to shut up as he's now JinxCunt. Wouldn't surprise me if a big issue going into this is McGregor vacating his belt, should he take the fight. McGregor wants to be a two division champion.

Still, if Alvarez is defending his belt at MSG and it's not McGregor, Khabib is about the only guy I'd settle for. About time the real cowboy gets his belt.

• Paid Members

We all saw what happened to 200 without Mcgregor and the same, if not worse will happen to 205. 205 doesn't have Lesnar to fall back on.

These events are historical events for MMA and if it is a case of Mcgregor holding onto the belt for one more fight then the ufc should quit being arseholes and allow it.

I think Mcgregor has done enough to warrant giving the feat of a 2 time simultaneous champ a go.

Basically it's almost Deja vu of the build up to 200.

McGregor wants to be a two division champion.

Which he has no real chance of doing if Khabib beats Alvarez unfortunately, unless he decides to don the Nikes and stick a a number on his chest again, but i'm not even sure that would work against someone like Khabib.

• Paid Members

Khabib kills all, man or beast!

Anyway, the 2 champion dispute is all speculation on my part. It could have nothing to do with it. However, Dana did say after 202 that McGregor has to either fight Aldo next or lose his belt. The two sides of the argument have valid points as to why he should or shouldn't vacate, but if I'm into making money, I do the champion v champion fight, then basically do an Ultimate Warrior and strip McGregor of his Intercontinental title.

• Paid Members

Khabib kills all, man or beast!

Anyway, the 2 champion dispute is all speculation on my part. It could have nothing to do with it. However, Dana did say after 202 that McGregor has to either fight Aldo next or lose his belt. The two sides of the argument have valid points as to why he should or shouldn't vacate, but if I'm into making money, I do the champion v champion fight, then basically do an Ultimate Warrior and strip McGregor of his Intercontinental title.

I'm pretty sure that's the major problem at the end of the day. It could be money too considering 202 broke the PPV record again?

But yes, no one in the lightweight division beats Nurmagomedov.

In a perfect world, I would have wanted

Conor vs Eddie

Jones vs Gusty

Lawler vs Cerrone 

Wediman vs Romero

Hughes vs Serra 2

Two of these fights have been signed, with one not occurring due to injury. Gusty is fighting Lil Nog, so a sequel with Jones is out of the frame for now. It looks as if Eddie will be defending his belt against Khabib.

Get Hughes and Serra on the blower I say. 

In a perfect world, I would have wanted

Conor vs Eddie

Jones vs Gusty

Lawler vs Cerrone

Wediman vs Romero

Hughes vs Serra 2

As interpromotional UFC/WWE cards at the Garden go, it's both wildly ambitious in some areas yet scraping the barrel in others. I like it.

Archived