Your wrestling childishness

JNLister

• Paid Members

No. My wife broke her toe and had a sore neck for a few days. Plus it hurts the perpetrator as well. Just like leg dropping your mate lying drunk on the pavement. Who knew concrete could hurt?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A few weeks into seeing my girlfriend she came up behind me in the kitchen and put her arms around my waist so I dropped her with a stunner. She didn't sell it like The Rock or anything but she went down like a sack of shit.

Not only is she still with me, but if she sees me laying down she'll hit me with an elbow drop she renamed the Shellbow Drop (her name being Shell, natch) and try and get pinfalls.

• Paid Members

Supposedly, a lad in my school hit a teacher with a Rock Bottom. Rumour had it that he was kicked out of class and on his way out, as he passed the teacher, he hit a Rock Bottom out of nowhere. I've always called bullshit, but so many people still honestly claim they were there and it happened. Those in attendance do admit however that the follow-up People's Elbow was exaggeration.

The teacher in question was a female, easily in her fifties.

• Moderators

I tried to RKO my brother in law last Sunday while walking round a car boot. He wouldn't cooperate to I kept my grip and put a Cravat on him instead.

I'm 36... he's 41.

We had this discussion in work today. Would an RKO work in real life, if your victim was completely unsuspecting and you gave it some proper welly? We spent about an hour discussing it and threats of live experiments have been thrown about ever since.

We're all in our thirties.

I don't know about an RKO but I've definitely seen a friend hit a legit stunner on another mate, which worked a treat. I think the key is in the kick to the gut first so they're winded and weakened. I reckon it also helps that the guy was drunk.

This was at uni.. So late teens. Certainly continued this kind of nonsense well into my twenties though.

• Awards Moderator

My peak moment of Playing Wrestling When You're Not A Kid Anymore was a walk back from the pub where we saw that mesh fencing they put up in front of houses where there's building works. I convinced my friend we should do the 'drag face across mesh' Hell In A Cell spot. He was drunk so he agreed. He was not busted open, but a Sandman style beer can opening did that job for him. As we turned the corner to where the postbox was we decided a replication of the Kobashi/Sasaki chopfest was called for, and our little Falls Count Anywhere adventure ended when I unintentionally put his head through a For Sale sign.

This same friend used to have a huge collection of cardboard and plastic boxes at the bottom of the stairs at his uni house, which after a few drinks made him decide to be Sabu and jump down the stairs into all the boxes. It was all fine until he got two other mates to hit him with an assisted FU into the boxes. They didn't quite get him all the way over though and he landed on his head and got a concussion. Good times.

• Paid Members

At a festival around 2002 / 2003, a friend and myself, completely out of it on organic cider, decided to re-enact the main event to Wrestlemania III. 

The hangover wasn't too bad the following day, but working out how I broke my thumb on the other hand. Ouch! 

A wrestling match in my friends living room led to my first homosexual experience.

So there's that.

That's definitely not a finished story.

I broke a bed doing the RKO on it. I'd like to say this was years ago, but it was last April and I'm a married man in my late twenties.

In hindsight I blame the wife for not selling it properly.

OK fuck it. 

So me and my then best friend  used to regularly wrestle in his living room, his parents owned their own business so were never home so we generally used to hang out at his after school. Play guitar, computer games, go out and play footy down the park.

One day, after playing cross bar challenge down the park for about two hours (I used to be so good at pinging the cross bar at that age, can't do it for shit now) we went back to his as usual. We were paying I think Smackdown or Smackdown 2, which inevitably led to wrestling for real. Which was just largely just rolling around trying and doing submissions. Every now and then you'd manage a cross face or walls of Jericho.

At some point during this he 'jokingly' humped me a little. We laughed he did it again. Carried on laughing and I started to reciprocate. Baring in mind we were both wearing football shorts we were essentially just rubbing our penises together and dry humping whilst we were both hard. It was fine at the time. Little awkward the next day at school, but we both agreed we were just going through a gay phase, so we did a little kissing ad stuff next time. It went on for a few months and then just stopped.

He's straight now, my phase lasted into being the full bisexual I am now. We never talk about it and I haven't told any of our mutual friends out of respect for him. 

He's still one of my best friends and there's no awkwardness between us.

He's not into wrestling anymore though . . . cunt. 

I came in here to post how my brother once nearly broke my nose giving me a pedigree despite the layer of setee cushions we put on the floor first or the time he accidentally smashed the chandelier in the front room with a tea tray pretending it was a steel chair he was trying to hit me with but I'm not quite sure how I follow that story.

• Paid Members

I was fighting with my brother once and we have a fantastic big man/little man dynamic where i'm the tubby hoss that can pick him up and chuck him about, but he's the skinnier, quick striking one into his MMA submissions.

So I pick him up for a pumphandle slam and he gets me in an armbar, I refuse to tap so he tightens the grip and shouts "give up or i'll break it" so I refuse and he yanks my arm, causing my elbow to pop (but not hurt). I do my best Nature Boy screaming sell job, I bump off the bed onto the floor gripping my arm and my 21 year old brother jumps up and screams down the stairs "MAAAAAAAM!!!!!" only to turn and be met by me absolutely pissing myself at him.

• Paid Members

We had our fair share of injuries. I dislocated my brothers shoulder going for an Irish Whip that he didn't want to take.

Then I knocked his tooth out playing wrestling. I'll always remember that one because our even younger brother heard Mam stomping down the stairs and realising there was going to be an arse kicking handed out started running around us in a circle shouting "put it back in, put it back in".

He got me back though. We'd just moved house and had a concrete floor in the living room covered only in a thin "cord" carpet. We were playing wrestling and I was "laid out cold". He put a sofa cushion on my head and proceeded to legdrop it meaning my head was crushed between the concrete floor and the full weight of a 9 year old. I had a headache for days.

I broke my parents' bed powerbombing my friend onto it when I was 10, but managed to fix it with part of my own bed and it took them a few months to notice. A few years later my brother's bed got broken when I tried to powerbomb him onto it but he managed to give me a back body drop. I was a heavy fucker as a young 'un and my bed was a flimsy piece of crap so it completely collapsed. He got a new bed. The exact same thing happened with my bed a few months later. My dad reassembled it and despite it still being flimsy as fuck and me sleeping poorly on it, I didn't get a new bed for at least a year or two later. The fuck's that about?

That wasn't the end of it for me and my brother though. Catching each other in submissions and forcing the tapout became the order of the day soon after, leading to many strained muscles and sprained joints. We then decided that backyard wrestling was the right idea. Dunno why. We set up a video camera and went for it. Me being a student of the game, I tried to use a bit of psychology by starting off slow with the lockup and some basics. After two moves my brother decided 'fuck this', hopped onto the fence and jumped off with a flying nothing. Fucking spot monkey. Anyway, he completely catches me off guard with this and hits me side on, his entire body weight and mine (again, heavy fuckers here) come crashing down on my right shoulder and I hear a crack. This within a minute of starting the match. My shoulder is aching and I have limited movement in my arm, so I put some ice on it and kept my arm elevated for the rest of the day. I should've gone to the hospital, but I figured it'd be fine in a couple of days. Something popped a couple of days later and it got better over the rest of the week so I left it. Years later, after constant bother with the shoulder, I find out during an unrelated check-up that I'd dislocated the shoulder and broken my collarbone, but because I'd left it so long there was probably nothing they could do to fix it without a major operation that I'd be likely to be knocked back for.

I've never learned though, the submission game continued for a few years, although becoming more of a jiu-jitsu competition than a wrestling one. And every now and then when we see each other we'll still drop each other with a stunner, an RKO or a spear. We even had a drunken Stone Cold inspired beer bash/fight in a hotel room that I wish I could remember more of.

• Paid Members

Ill never forget the drama tomb stoning a kid at school caused for all concerned. In 1st year I was fairly tall for my age (6'4 now) so doing "big man" moves like power bombs, chokeslams etc was my gimmick when called upon.

Some Wee fanny, unimpressed with my monumental feats of strength, insisted he'd only stop saying wrestling was gay if I tombstoned someone. I told him I could tombstone him, bit chubby but knew if I got him up (ooo er) I could do it.

Not realizing from TV the head shouldn't be below my knees and with quite the lunch time audience, I went super taker and jumped before ramming him head first into the concrete.

Needless to say he was away in an ambulance, concussed, police called to school, me suspended for a few days.

In hindsight it could have been much much worse.

Archived