How many hours of WWE do you actually watch?

LWOLeN

NXT is always an easy watch so I never skip through that.

Raw I'll always watch but skip various parts I just don't care about.

I generally skipped most of Smackdown before the brand split. Now I'm probably watching more of it but not week on week.

I like a lot of the Network content like CWC, WWE24 etc too so just depends how much free time I have really.

At the moment it's not too bad as most regular TV is still on break.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smackdown and Raw clips only on Youtube.

It seems daft but I pay for the network without really watching it. I'm 3 weeks behind on the CWC and watched most on my phone synching it through Dailymotion.

NXT I would watch but never do. The only thing I watch religiously is the ROH weekly show.

Classic content depends on if I'm in the mood for watching something so your looking at 1 or 2 hours a week. Still I'll keep my subscription just for the convenience.

On Mondays I'll watch a PPV if there is one (2.5 hrs) (longer for ones like SS or WM)

On Tuesdays I'll watch all of Raw with the ads edited out (2.25 hrs)

On Wednesdays I'll FF my way through SD (1 hr)

On Thursdays I'll watch all of NXT (1 hrs)

And on weekends I'm currently ploughing my way through 'Black Sails' and/or 'Vikings' :)

So that's 7. If you add in stuff like Ride Along, Table for 3, E&C Show, Unfiltered, Superstar Ink and any old stuff I search for on a whim then that'll be closing in on 10 hrs per week on a PPV week.

Once you add it all up like that, you think WTF! But that's like 2hrs per week night which sounds about right I guess. It doesn't seem/feel like a chore simply because watching wrestling with the kids is the best part of my week. The boys are 5 & 7 so they don't see anything coming. My youngest, he popped out of the sofa with excitement when Bayley showed up on Raw which made me react with him. I wouldn't have marked out the way I did if i'd been on my own, or worse yet, with my mates :omg:

I can usually get through Raw in 90mins after skipping the women, the recap stuff, the announcers waffling or selling stuff etc.

Smackdown I can get through in about an hour.

I watch NXT and CC on a Thursday, very enjoyable easy viewing.

That's about it for me really, I cancelled the Network as I wasn't enjoying crap like Ride Along, E+C Show, the Animated show, Swerved etc, in fact I just realised I enjoyed nothing on there except old Nitros!!!

The only other WWE stuff I watch through the week is when I'm just chilling on the laptop I will get a sudden urge to type "Rock Promo" in youtube or something and it's absolutely fatal, 5 hours later I have gone off on so many tangents I have watched every multi man promo from the Attitude Era and moved on to top 10 lists and stuff, I look at the time and it's 3am and I'm up at bastard 7.

NXT & CWC are the only regular watches. I'll only watch what I think sounds good from RAW or Smackdown or on occasion the whole show if it's got people talking.

Surely everyone just skips to the matches on the pre shows rather watching the full thing? Was there really anything to be gained from watching the 2 hour Preshow this past weekend that you wouldn't have got if you just skipped and watch the 30monutes or so of actual matches

Other than that it's doing the Monday Night week by week, so at most it'll be about 5 hours on non PPV weeks

Raw - about 75-90 minutes on average, I'd say. I'll only watch a match on Raw if I think it feels new or consequential, which is rare

SD - about 45 minutes maybe? Same deal as Raw... watch the promos, only watch the matches if they seem intriguing

WWE PPV - I watch these in full, on the assumption that 90% of the time they're the only matches that matter

--

CWC - I watch the matches in full... 45 mins or so

NXT PPV - I'll watch probably between two and three matches... maybe 40 minutes

NXT - I've only just started again... at the moment an episode takes about 15-20 minutes because I only watch for a few specific people

That's in order of importance except the top three are pretty non-negotiable. I watch them always, albeit in that abbreviated form. NXT will get dumped completely if I'm crunched for time.

I think that works out to about 18 hours in a month, which is way too much, of course. Honestly, if it was half that I'd be happier - two hours shows a week, one PPV a month - but the completist part of me just won't let me skip anything I feel is relevant to the story or future history. It can be a real grind sometimes.

I only ever watch the Top 10 Moments on YouTube, plus anything that stands out (Miz's promo this week, for example, or Final Deletion) I do watch the CWC, occasionally NXT if I remember and all PPVs. I find I watch the classic content if I'm doing something else and need background noise.

So around an hour and a half a most each, more for a PPV.

Watching a full Raw or SD just fills me with dread.

Surely everyone just skips to the matches on the pre shows rather watching the full thing? Was there really anything to be gained from watching the 2 hour Preshow this past weekend that you wouldn't have got if you just skipped and watch the 30monutes or so of actual matches

Surely Nobody is actually getting home from work Monday evening and sitting watching 2 Hours of Pre Show before the actuall PPV are they?? 

I watch all the PPVs live with my Brother and Mate who come rouund so we do watch the pre show, well we have it on in the background whilst we just generally chat about the Event, that weekends sport etc

I'd never in a million years considering watching the Pre show If I wasn't watching it live,

As for the question I watch Raw and Smackdown via the Sky recording, Nxt and CWC on the Network during the week and of course the PPV and Takeover events.

I'd say I watch roughly around 2-2.5 Hours of Network content (Not including Nxt or the CWC) on average a week 

If you've got Sky, I can't recommend WWE Experience highly enough. 45 minutes once you skip the ads, and covers all the major stuff from Raw and Smackdown with Cathy Kelley offering an often outrageous amount of cleavage. When the PPVs come around, there might be the odd match or occasional wrestler I don't know, but that's more than enough for me from the main roster stuff.

I work from home one day a week, so usually save up NXT and the CWC to have on in the background. Maybe I'm just not as interested in wrestling any more, but I find that watching a whole episode of Raw just never seems to end.

• Paid Members

Right, challenge.

Any of my older fart peers (let's say above 30) work out the following.

How many hours of wrestling do you watch a week now... plus everything before that... mind fuck.

I'm guessing I started in 90, until 94 I'd guess I watch about 5 hours per week (including vhs).

52 X 5 = 240, X 4 = 960.

I then fucked it off quite a bit and average this I probs saw about 1 hour per week until 98.

52 X 4 = 208

98 - 2002 I probs jumped up to around 5 hours again, considering SD, Raw, heat on 4, PPVs, Nitro, wcw on DSF, ECW on bravo, and vhs.

Some weeks I missed it all, others I binged the lot, so 5 hours seems a fair estimate.

So again, 5 X 52 X 4 = 960.

Between 2002 to 2008, not much at all, in fact at a guess, 1 hour per week, usually YouTube stuff thinking back and if I'm honest. Caught some TV, but not a lot.

4 X 12 X 6 = 288

2008 to 2012, probably the same actually, yeah around 1 hour per week.

4 X 12 X 4 = 192

2012 to 2014 saw a jump, mainly as I could afford to do so, had more time on my hands following an old band splitting up and I managed to get a multi room sorted out.

I'd say it probably doubled to 2 hours per week in fairness, again, just rounding up/down estimate.

So, see above, X 2 = 384.

I got the network when it first came out with a VPN, I'm going to round this to 2 years exact.

Fuck me... Ehhhhh, how to not sound mental, I pretty much put it on every other night between 10.00-12.00 (wife goes to bed, I go a bit later).

I catch up with RAW, watch, NXT and usually one of the other weekly shows.. roughly..

12 X 52 X 2 to the power of UMI = 1248

4240 estimated hours of wrestling, this life, so far.

Fuck.

• Paid Members

Maybe 1 or 2 hours off current stuff a week and that again of historic stuff / network originals. I probably listen to about 5-7 hours off podcast a week as well.

I didnt realise how much time I spent listening to podcasts actually

Archived