How many hours of WWE do you actually watch?

LWOLeN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Probably no more than an hour really.

I watch Raw/SD via the youtube app and even then I don't watch every segment on there.

I'll skip through NXT and will usually catch something of that too if it takes my fancy.

Despite that, I feel as though I'm totally upto date and not missing anything.

Reading about wrestling is another story though...

Not enough. After enjoying this past weekend, I'm planning to watch NXT, SD and the hour version of Raw from now on each week. I'll skip a bit of SD so it'll be about 3 hours each week between the three shows. More on PPV weekends obviously. Oh, and throw another hour or so in for classic/extra content.

Edit: I'm worried I enjoyed this weekend so much *because* I watch so little current WWE. If that's the case I'll drop it down to just watching Takeovers and PPV's.

If you are a fan of FootBall, it probably takes you up 2 hours a week to watch your favorite club in action. Plus you have an off-season. About the same with many other sports.

10 Hours a week for WWE is just getting insane to me. I just can't imagine how much time it consumes for fans who also watch TNA, RoH, indies etc. . It's like a parttime Job.

The brand extension has actually served its purpose in getting me to watch SmackDown again, as for years it's been hard enough to keep up with three hours of weekly Raw and a monthly PPV. Now I'm making more of an effort, but not without a lot of skimming through matches that aren't going to enrich my life by sitting through them at my computer at 11pm on a work night.

Cesaro vs Sheamus? That's a skimming. Becky vs Naomi? That's a skimming. Usos vs Vaudevillains? Oh, you'd better believe that's a skimming.

I've been meaning to try out that "Raw in 5 minutes" channel, or whatever it is that someone posted here recently. Sounds like a godsend.

New content wise, I'll watch NXT, CWC and PPVs.   I keep up with highlights online.  

If we're including documentaries, Breaking Ground, WWE 24 and that sort of stuff I'll usually watch, Ride Along and Table for 3 depends on who's involved   Swerved and Camp WWE leave me cold.   Was going to give Holy Foley a go, but when I found that it featured that Frank the clown lad, I'm not even going to bother with it.  

Since the network came out over here, I've been watching PPVs on the network in order, though my viewing has expanded to include a few of the Raws/Nitros in between.   I'm up to late spring of '98.   God its hard going. 

TNA just doesn't appeal anymore, though all this Broken Matt Hardy business has got my curiosity piqued.    

Current WWE? I'd skew through 40 minutes of highlights.

Network? Probably about 5-6 hours a week. I usually do an old PPV, a few spare matches when I'm waiting around/in between stuff with a cup of tea and I like my old Smackdown on a Saturday morning in bed coz that's literally the most indoctrinated thing to me as a wrestling fan. I got into wrestling watching Smackdown on Saturday morning. It's a tradition I proudly uphold. Any of them from 99-03 will do.

• Paid Members

I watch RAW & Smackdown every week but with skipping adverts and skimming matches, I reckon 2.5 hours tops on average.

Couple of hours to watch each PPV by the time I've skipped the women and skimmed the shite.

Watch NXT occasionally.

Watch "classic content" every day on YouTube or WWE Network.

I'm guessing about 6 hours a week on average, maybe a bit more.

Skip through most of raw and smackdown, watch NXT about Every second week. Have only lately started watching ppvs for main roster in full. Watch takeovers in full when on.

I'm a fucking psychopath who wants to tune in every week and rarely fast forwards a thing. if I'm not invested in what's on I'll just browse the phone or something. I'll watch the seven hours of TV we're getting atm gladly, plus any PPV. And then if I fancy it, there's old PPVs on the network - when there's a Big 4 PPV coming up I tend to binge on the past ones, and I've got a few different timelines going on for getting to grips with different eras. And I've been shit at keeping up this year but I try keep New Japan and ROH on my radar.

people have got loads of weird, time consuming, shit hobbies though, so I don't think I'm THAT much of a freak. I'm pretty much just interested in wrestling and music. Films, video games and most telly can pretty much just do one, I'm not invested. That does mean I have no conversation starters with most people though.

I do think the whole "how do you possibly have that many hours" arguments are a bit strange, to be fair. If you have a family that keeps you busy I get it maybe, but even at that most families do nowt but veg out in front of conventional telly all night when they get home from work. Everybody lives different. I'm sure some people have plenty of hobbies and social engagements they're all trying to juggle but if I wanted I could watch 30 hours of this shit a week.

I don't want to, but I could. I'm done work at 6:30. I don't need to wake until 8:45 so I don't go to bed until about half one in the morning and that's a generous amount of kip for me. I try and spend Saturdays writing from morning until late in the afternoon. Even if I go to the cinema, gigs or whatever 2-3 nights of the week that's still an enormous amount of time left over as far as my life is concerned for doing nothing but drinking cans with my housemates, trying to not fuck up peeling the foil off Laughing Cow and potentially watching Fully Loaded 99.

Alright maybe 30 hours is overzealous, that'd be squeezing it, but you get the gist. Actually this whole post makes me look and feel like a total loser, now :(.

At the moment since the brand split I've started to watch SD again every week and I always watch Raw religiously although I always tend to skip every New Day promo as I just can't be arsed with them and I also watch every PPV in its entirety. As far as watching the classic stuff goes there's probably not a day goes by without me watching an old Raw or SD along with various matches from PPVs.  Infact I was just thinking about working my way through all of the Raw episodes again from 1997-2007.

I don't take advantage of the network to be honest. I'll watch NXT but that's about it. Although last night I started watching Nitro post 96 Bash At The Beach so that will keep me going, especially as they're essentially 90 minutes. Three hours of Raw puts me off but I might watch the hour recap thingy.

• Paid Members

I don't take advantage of the network to be honest. I'll watch NXT but that's about it. Although last night I started watching Nitro post 96 Bash At The Beach so that will keep me going, especially as they're essentially 90 minutes. Three hours of Raw puts me off but I might watch the hour recap thingy.

That's funny. Last week I started watching WCW Nitros from the first Scott Hall appearance, finishing the first post-Bash at the Beach episode last night (Disney was a shit venue for Nitro by the way).

If you throw in podcasts, shoot interviews and old episodes (pre 2002) its probably around 8 hours a week. 

But current product? Hardly anything really. I catch portions of Impact on a Sunday night and will go back and watch something that sounds interesting from Raw/Smackdown on Facebook of Youtube, but I don't watch NXT or anything like that tbh.

Archived