Miz gets angry and cuts a money promo on Talking Smack

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Lovely rant from The Miz, who is truly the best villain in wrestling. Not sure it qualifies as a "money promo" though, because Bryan isn't going to be wrestling him and I'm not sure how it leads to drawing money with anyone else. It maybe raises the stock of The Miz, but I can't see him going beyond the chickenshit heel role even if he was main eventing (and that in itself is unlikely), so the context of it all seems very odd as far as achieving anything.

In fairness, I think the term "money promo" these days pretty much means "that would have been money when promos used to need to sell tickets".

How would you follow it up? My lazy answer is to have Ziggler stick up for Bryan next week. Talk about how he may have failed to win the WWE title but it makes him sick to see Miz parading around with the IC. Then have Miz beat him at the PPV.

I was thinking recently that the IC Title is the only belt Cena hasn't had. I'd have Miz come out and trash him every week, mock his open challenge by having midgets and jobbers answer it to Cena's music dressed in his gear every week until eventually, on a big card, out comes John to take the IC Title.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see Miz have a JBL style run with one of the main belts. Have him feud with the new school wrestlers but just win by the skin of his teeth and retain the title every month. Have him go to NXT every now and then and cut promos on their guys. He'd get Eva Marie heat there. I'd put The Revival next to him as a better version of JBL's cabinet.

Would be great to see Zayn come within a whisker of beating Miz in a cage only for Dash and Dawson to slam the door on Zayn and Miz retain. Obviously whoever beat him in for the belt eventually would get a monster reaction.

[/]FantasyBooking

I was thinking recently that the IC Title is the only belt Cena hasn't had.

That was effectively true up until Sunday. Now you can add the WWE Bizarro World Title to the list.

I was thinking recently that the IC Title is the only belt Cena hasn't had.

That was effectively true up until Sunday. Now you can add the Bizarro WWE Title to the list.

If you are going to include the new Raw title, then I guess you would also have to include the new Smackdown tag titles to the list as well.

Here is the full Miz promo: https://streamable.com/v7j2

Storming off after Miz ripped him to shreds made him look like a right bitch. Miz fucking destroyed him imo.

It was a good rant but I don't have a clue what it was meant to accomplish other than making the face GM look a right tit.

Miz has always been a good promo with the right material. The one where he ripped on his critics back in the day was also a cracker.

Austin used to trip over his lines. If anything, it added to it for me. Made it seem more passionate and real, dammit.

(In reply to Pinc).

Aye I'm going back and forth on it. Maybe it would help if he wasn't saying weird shit like "this will be the most relevant title on SmackDown Live!" when he was most fuming. Or maybe that adds to it because he's supposed to be a bell end.

I'm so confused.

Storming off after Miz ripped him to shreds made him look like a right bitch. Miz fucking destroyed him imo.

It was a good rant but I don't have a clue what it was meant to accomplish other than making the face GM look a right tit.

Miz has always been a good promo with the right material. The one where he ripped on his critics back in the day was also a cracker.

The Miz is inexplicably the most talked about wrestler in the world today so that's a start, I suppose.

Archived