UFC Fight Pass: Arlovski vs Barnett - Sep 3rd

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Finally got to around to watching, it was a slog. The main event and the Bader KO saved the night really.

The prelims were tiresome, a couple of decent performances. Askham/Hermansson was a good fight, i like Hermansson's chances going forward, Sobotta/Dalby was also decent.

Judo Jim blew it. My criticism of Wallhead in the past is that he's too one dimensional, he'll stand there and have a straight boxing match all day but he doesn't seem to be able to adjust during fights. It happened during his Bellator run where he would be losing the striking battle yet wouldn't do much to change up his gameplan, he gets stuck in a rut. Didn't help having Dan Hardy claim he could beat anyone in the world on the feet on commentary.

I echo the comments here about Hardy too, he's awful. Gooden i can cope with as the anchor guy but Hardy is shite. His 'OOOOOH' when anything happens is super annoying and whilst what he actually says isn't bad, it's the delivery which lets him down, the UFC need shot of him and let him work primarily as an analyst.

I didn't have much hope for Barnett/Arlovski going in but that was a real solid MMA heavyweight fight. They displayed a little bit of everything, Arlovski is gonna kick himself that he didn't finish Barnett with that free shot he was given though. Barnett's got a chin. I think Barnett sits there now as a top 5 gatekeeper, there still aren't many heavyweights underneath him who i think breaks through though. Heavyweight is a bit of a mess outside of the top few. The heavyweight fight on the undercard being an example, Janho/Colombo, fucking terrible, Barnett would murder both of those guys.

This fucking KO though...

USATSI_9516952_168382968_lowres.jpg

sweet baby jesus.

Archived