UFC Fight Pass: Arlovski vs Barnett - Sep 3rd

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah ofcourse fair point. Will be interesting to see who they match him up with

I'd put Barnett against the winner of next week's Werdum vs Browne fight. You either get Barnett vs Werdum in a battle of probably the two best heavyweight grapplers in MMA. Or Barnett gets his chance at redemption against Browne. Then whoever comes out on top of that gets whoever is the champ when this Miocic/Overeem/Cain triangle gets settled.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah ofcourse fair point. Will be interesting to see who they match him up with

I'd put Barnett against the winner of next week's Werdum vs Browne fight. You either get Barnett vs Werdum in a battle of probably the two best heavyweight grapplers in MMA. Or Barnett gets his chance at redemption against Browne. Then whoever comes out on top of that gets whoever is the champ when this Miocic/Overeem/Cain triangle gets settled.

The spanner in the works here is JDS who looked great in his last fight.

Considering JDS has a relatively recent win over the current champion I'm not sure you can leap frog Barnett over him.

It's tricky to book the heavyweight division at the minute.

Guy with most work to do after tonight is Dan Hardy. His fucking awful.

I liked Dan as a fighter, but I can't take to him as a commentator. I'm not sure whether it's his accent or what, but he comes across as 2nd tier. I feel like I'm watching WWF Metal from the late 90's when I hear his voice. 

Oh, and I agree with this. Save for perhaps the last 3 words, as I'm indifferent to anything involving Bader. 

Solid enough UD win for Gustafsson. I maintain, IF Bones gets cleared in next few months, that's the fight for both men next. If not, Bader.

• Paid Members

The spanner in the works here is JDS who looked great in his last fight.

Considering JDS has a relatively recent win over the current champion I'm not sure you can leap frog Barnett over him.

It's tricky to book the heavyweight division at the minute.

Shit, for some reason I forgot all about JDS.

Actually I think I'd do JDS vs the Werdum/Browne winner. Either way you get a JDS vs Werdum rematch, which is an interesting fight. Or JDS vs Browne which would be a slugfest and pretty much a guaranteed KO (probably in JDS's favour as well, which is a bonus).

Is Cain definitely sitting out for the title shot? If not I'd maybe do Cain vs Barnett. If Cain's sitting out maybe even Barnett vs Derrick Lewis. It is a tricky division yeah.

If Hunt does decide to come back then I'd be up for Hunt vs Arlovski next. Both coming off losses, both big names and it's a fun fight stylistically which they could headline a Fight Night with.

There's always Ben Rothwell to slot in somewhere also. Fuck knows. Chuck him at Struve or something.

Edit - oh and you can all piss off. Dan Hardy's quality.

Nah, I sort of get the criticism. I like him but he is a bit bland sometimes. Which is weird because he was anything but that in his fighting career. I like him a lot more than Kenny bastard Florian though.

• Paid Members

Herbie doing some post-fight voting in the poll, I see?

:laugh:

I was actually going to post "What cunt just voted Bader by KO in the poll?" just afterwards - but didn't realise it was visible until it was too late....

• Paid Members

Haha.

It says a lot that Boring Bader scored one of the best knockouts of the year and it did nothing to win me over. I just can't be doing with him. He's left it too late to lose the dull bastard tag now.

Gutted for Fucker. He was doing alright as well, would've been his biggest win to date. And Bader's gone and fucked it up. See, I can always find a way to hate on the beige cunt.

Gustafsson had a solid showing after a somewhat shaky start. I think that fight showed he needed a tune up before jumping in with the sharks again. Hopefully that win will have given him the boost he needed. I like the idea of just going straight into Gus vs Jones 2 next. Do that as co-main to DC vs Rumble 2 and you're golden. That'd be a strong PPV and they'd be giving themselves options for backup fights if someone dropped out.

And am I alone in finding Nick Hein insufferably boring to watch? He's been in the UFC a while now and not once has he had a fight where I've come out of it looking forward to his next fight. His fights always go to decisions and nothing of note ever happens. He never moves up the ladder either so what's the actual point of him? He's just going to stay at that Fight Pass level winning crappy decision fights against subpar opposition to the sound of crickets, or mild applause if it's in Germany. They did a feature on him on Beyond The Octagon once and he came off as a nice bloke. But fuck me, he's the MMA version of watching paint dry.

I'm not even joking when I say the absolute highlight of his UFC run for me was his impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger on the aforementioned BTO feature. Only about 7 people and my dog saw that. And my dog's dead.

Archived