UFC Fight Pass: Arlovski vs Barnett - Sep 3rd

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I had it 29-28 for Wallhead but didnt see the fight metric. Wallhead did seem to land the better shots to me but it was no traversty.

Ryan Bader Muay Thai superstar

I had it 29-28 for Wallhead but didnt see the fight metric. Wallhead did seem to land the better shots to me but it was no traversty.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the argument is weird in a sense because although Ayari may have landed more strikes the score is also based on aggression and control which I felt Wallhead largely dominated. Agree with ElCece to, in that i felt Wallhead for the most part landed better shots. Each to our own though. Matter of opinion.

• Paid Members

I guess the argument is weird in a sense because although Ayari may have landed more strikes the score is also based on aggression and control which I felt Wallhead largely dominated. Agree with ElCece to, in that i felt Wallhead for the most part landed better shots. Each to our own though. Matter of opinion.

Read a couple posts up Sean. There's no live chat throughout events.

You may get warned by the mods that's all.

• Paid Members

Arlovski vs Barnett was tremendous! One of my favourite fights of the year and easily the best heavyweight fight since Hunt vs Bigfoot 1. Brilliant stuff from both, so many twists and turns and good to see Barnett get the finish. Bittersweet because I like Arlovski a lot, sad to see him lose, but this was one of those great fights where even the loser doesn't really lose much stock.

Edit- I forgot to vote but just looked at the poll results, Butch was the only one to call Barnett by sub. Surprised no-one else voted that way.

• Paid Members

Yep, great main event. Barnett is just a monster once it gets to the mat.

Imagine if he had striking like Overeem?!

Barnett is just weird as one minute he looks like his chin is made of glass and the next he's eating shots like it's being thrown by a flyweight.

How he stayed on is feet with that strike after the eye poke I'll never know.

Gusty did what he had to do as Blachowicz is a very dangerous on the feet.

Poor some fucker as before the knee I though he was getting the best of Bader.

I'm probably alone here but I actually thought the knee was meant to be a kick but Latifi changed levels at the wrong time and ducked into the knee before Bader could extend his lower leg.

Edit. I forgot to vote too Wand, my picks would have (truthfully) been Barnett sub, Gusty TKO and Bader decision.

Really enjoyed the Main Event.

A lot of twists and turns. Both of them looked on the verge of folding several times. Barnett was just on another level on the ground, which was the key difference in the end. As sad as it was to see Arlovski lose - and he put in a heck of a shift - I felt the better Heavyweight won. Not just on the night, but in general. 

• Paid Members

Barnett was fantastic. To be fair I can't think who they will match him up with next Mark Hunt maybe

I'm not sure Hunt's an option at the moment. Last I heard of him was when he went off on one on the MMA Hour calling the UFC "scummy cunts" and Lesnar a "white piece of shit". He was on about suing the UFC and all sorts so who knows if or when we'll see him again.

Archived