The toys you really wanted as a kid...but never got

Drfunke

Thinking back over the years i done quite well out of birthdays, xmas etc. But there were a few toys i remember as a child i wanted but for whatever reason i never got.

One being a super mario bro's watch that had a little digital version of the game but every argos we went to it was sold out.

I also never got an N64, did ask one birthday but mum got me a playstation. Not the worst thing :p

• Paid Members

I was massively into Doctor Who before it got relaunched. Being an only child who lived about 100000 miles away from my school friends, I had to entertain myself and consequently, I wanted a whole Dalek suit to roll around the garden in.

Alas, a young Gus Mears didn't seem to realise that we were unlikely to afford this considering we could only afford to like in my Grandma's annex during this time period. I still want my fucking Dalek suit. I'm tempted to get everyone to pitch in for that this year for Christmas. I'm sick to death of Hi-Karate and boxers that hurt my cock.

• Paid Members

When I was young I lived in t'rolled up corpse in t'septic tank, so I was just happy for a tin of beans.

Never got the Techno Drome, though. Always wanted it, but they never had it in Argos. Always wanted Dusty Rhodes as well, but he was never in the shops. Neither was Andre but my brother bought a job lot of WWF figures out of the paper and Demolition and Andre were two of them. No Dusty, though. I used to be desperate for Kamala as well.

• Paid Members

There were loads of Transformers I wanted but never got. I pretty much only started receiving the toys by I think the 88 range so I got plenty of Seacons (all of them actually) Powermasters, Micromasters etc, but always lusted after the original cars, Soundwave and tapes, Dinobots etc. When the "Classics" range made stuff like some of the cars, Stunticons, three of the Dinobots etc started coming out, it was the ones you could only get in the States that intrigued me. Finally earned my delayed gratification in 2006 when I bought myself a Predaking re-issue Japanese gift set at a con. The ex was not impressed.

• Paid Members

frosty.jpg?w=640

Let me guess, it was due to the fact that it would give you belly ache? Did anyone ever get one of these?

I only knew of one person at school that had a Mr Frosty. I couldn't understand why she wasn't using it every day, but the appeal had worn off for her.

The reason we didn't get one was because my parents realised that it was just a cheese grater that had been re-appropriated.

I don't think there was anything specific that I didn't get as a child. There was always more Star Wars stuff that I would have liked, or more Transformers, but I don't think there was a "must have" that I missed out on.

I still remember the smell and taste of a Mr Frosty.

I bet you do, Mr FelatioLips.

For years and years, my definition of comfortably rich was having £50 to your name, for that was the price of a Lego pirate ship. Not the crappy mid-sized one with the blue and white sails, you understand, but the proper big one whose stripes were red and white. If ever I could afford one of those then I knew I'd have made it.

Still, I reckon I can make some enemies in this thread by confessing that I won a Fortress Maximus in a Toymasters colouring competition.

Archived