Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I honestly couldn't care less if either got the sack. Del Rio hasn't been good since Ricardo Rodriguez and even then wasn't great. Paige got absolutely exposed when she got to the roster as a poor man's AJ Lee and then half a dozen NXT divas developed into better wrestlers than her.

• Paid Members

I honestly couldn't care less if either got the sack. Del Rio hasn't been good since Ricardo Rodriguez and even then wasn't great. Paige got absolutely exposed when she got to the roster as a poor man's AJ Lee and then half a dozen NXT divas developed into better wrestlers than her.

Got to agree. Paige isn't a bad wrestler but there are plenty of better packages and I've never really got her gimmick. ADR has been a useless fuckstain for years and years. I was interested in him for about 10 minutes after his re-debut because I'd heard he was good elsewhere but he was the same old.

I never liked Alberto the first time round and was stunned when he was brought back last year. 

Paige got absolutely exposed when she got to the roster as a poor man's AJ Lee and then half a dozen NXT divas developed into better wrestlers than her.

I think because she has been on the main roster longer, people forget that she is still the youngest of all the Divas.

So writing her off as not being as good as the others is a bit harsh on a 23/24 year old who in theory hasn't reached her prime yet.

Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley are head and shoulders above everybody else right now in my opinion, but I'd rate Paige in the next tier with Becky Lynch and Natalya.

Del Rio can sod off. I can't help but feel Paige would be a waste. There's years of mileage in here if they gave her decent storyline and she's only going to get better. A lot of kids getting into wrestling are going to want to cheer and get behind the goth looking chick. She's your 'outsider' character, really, and should be built to appeal to those who show up to school looking a little different.

• Paid Members

I never liked Alberto the first time round and was stunned when he was brought back last year.

Paige got absolutely exposed when she got to the roster as a poor man's AJ Lee and then half a dozen NXT divas developed into better wrestlers than her.

I think because she has been on the main roster longer, people forget that she is still the youngest of all the Divas.

So writing her off as not being as good as the others is a bit harsh on a 23/24 year old who in theory hasn't reached her prime yet.

Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley are head and shoulders above everybody else right now in my opinion, but I'd rate Paige in the next tier with Becky Lynch and Natalya.

Age has nothing to do with it to be fair. Some people are just better than others. Look at Renee Dupree or Sylvan or whoever, they were like 20 on the main roster but nobody was expecting them to be the next Rock. DDP and Batista started late and became bigger and better than a lot of other younger guys. A star is a star and Paige is not a star.

• Paid Members

Taking bets - will Punkstep white knight ADR before Ricky comes in to defend Paige?

Ha! His current run has been the dregs, other than his return win over Cena he has done NOTHING of note. I can't even blame it on bad booking because he's just looked completely uninterested and going through the motions. Shame, because he had all the tools to be the Latino Hulk Hogan ;) Absolutely wasted talent. I'd be glad to see the back of him, at this point he's just taking up a spot that somebody else could have.

I do think it's a bit harsh that Twitter has come to the conclusion that HE is a bad influence on HER. Why would it not be the other way around?

Del Rio can sod off. I can't help but feel Paige would be a waste. There's years of mileage in here if they gave her decent storyline and she's only going to get better. A lot of kids getting into wrestling are going to want to cheer and get behind the goth looking chick. She's your 'outsider' character, really, and should be built to appeal to those who show up to school looking a little different.

Like AJ Lee before her, she's very shit but does skate by on the "she's an outsider too, maybe she got bullied like me, if we met I think she wouldn't care about my looks and would wank me off" thing because we wrestling fans are the worst humans. But women's wrestling has advanced past that stuff a bit now. We don't have to pretend that a girl owning some Converse makes her a superworker who cares about the biz instead of all these models in high heels who are using our great sport just to be famous. There are women now who have good matches. Fucking hell, even Nikki Bella became ten times the wrestler Paige is. And Becky Lynch has a fair bit of the 'alternative' girl appeal, without the downsides that Paige has.

Edited by King Pitcos

I doubt anyone comes out of AAA without a serious affinity for the charles, and that's a step up from what Paige was probably doing which is saucing on like anyone her age and in her position would have probably been doing. It's all baseless speculation, obviously, but if that's what the company was seeing you can get where the bad influence thing comes from.

Most of them are probably on it, anyway. It leaves your blood pretty fast which would be handy for the tests. I find this idea that coke was an 80's wrestler thing or that everyone is squeaky clean and plays Mario Kart Double Dash or whatever with Xavier Woods now completely hysterical. They're young, attractive, famous and need to stay awake loads.