Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Maybe she bought a multi-pack of those sweet cigarettes, the ones that leave your fingers caked in this horrible white sugary shite. 

Vape pens?

The idea that these could be iron on tattoos did cross my mind, she might cut a promo next next which focuses on her washing her hands.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• 1 month later...

Sadly the most shocking thing about this years whole Mania weekend for me was the appearance of WWE Diva Paige.

I only watch WM & maybe the Rumble, so am not familiar when a wrestler's appearance changes on a week to week basis & could not believe what i saw when Paige popped up on the screen. Yes she had too much makeup on, but also looked bloated & appeared to be slurring her words. The first thing i thought was that she was a cross between Anna Nicole Smith & Amy Winehouse, which obviously is not a great image to portray.

The first time i saw Paige work (then Britney Knight) she must have only been about 16 years old & wrestled her mother for ASW. Like her mother, she was stunning to look at & already a competent worker.

Fast forward a few years & we have failed relationships, drugs, sex tapes, serious injuries, being on suicide watch,domestic abuse, hair loss due to stress & probably lots of other stuff going on.

I just hope she has saved her money & gets a tonne of money off the back of this film. She should then move back to Norwich to be with her family that clearly all love each other very much. The longer she stays in The States, the more i fear for her. Banger Walsh once said that every British Wrestler he knew that moved to America would eventually come back in a coffin or return as a drug addict. 

Here's wishing Paige & all her family well for the future & i genuinely hope this horrible eerie feeling i have is wrong & whatever path she chooses in life, from now on, is the right one for her  & all the people that are close to her.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

The first time i saw Paige work (then Britney Knight) she must have only been about 16 years old & wrestled her mother for ASW. Like her mother, she was stunning to look at & already a competent worker.

Nothing creepy about that statement at all. Nope. Nothing. 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Nothing creepy about that statement at all. Nope. Nothing. 

Perhaps it could have been worded  better. You highlighted the age bit & left out the bit about Sweet Saraya ALSO being "Stunning to look at", who is considerably older than "Britney".The reason i used both of them in the same sentence was because i meant stunning as performers!

Thanks for implying i am some sort of nonce or something? Was i wrong for fearing for someone's well being & hoping there could be a happy ending to what is an amazing story (from the point of view of the film)?

You've gotta love the internet. I was not expecting everyone to bow down to my literary genius, but go get four down votes (& counting)  plus a dig from the "Head of Operation Yew Tree" has definitely made me wonder why i bothered? :unsure:

17 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Perhaps it could have been worded  better. You highlighted the age bit & left out the bit about Sweet Saraya ALSO being "Stunning to look at", who is considerably older than "Britney".The reason i used both of them in the same sentence was because i meant stunning as performers!

Thanks for implying i am some sort of nonce or something? Was i wrong for fearing for someone's well being & hoping there could be a happy ending to what is an amazing story (from the point of view of the film)?

You've gotta love the internet. I was not expecting everyone to bow down to my literary genius, but go get four down votes (& counting)  plus a dig from the "Head of Operation Yew Tree" has definitely made me wonder why i bothered? :unsure:

You're doing it deliberately, aren't you?

This was the first Mania I've watched with both of my boys.  They have loved wrestling for a couple of years but now being 6 and 8 were old enough to watch the whole thing with a bit of distraction from ice cream and wrestling toys on the floor at the same time.  The point of the post is just how much more enjoyable the watching experience was for having them invested.  You realise why you loved it to much as a kid.  Pretty much every match became instantly more fun because they had picked their favourite and we all therefore had someone to cheer.  

Edit - apologies.  I meant to post this in the Mania thread itself.

Edited by El Dingo Capitano
wrong thread