Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure whether this is really the right place, but seems as good as any; there's rumours on Twitter that Paige's latest injury will mean she has to retire from in-ring competition at the age of 25.

Horrid news if true and so upsetting for one so young. Of course, though, her safety is paramount. I'm sure many others would join me in wishing her the very best no matter what the situation is for her.

Edited by Daaaaaad!

Poor lass. The strength of character she showed coming back was commendable and I'm sure she will bounce back whatever she goes into next.

State of that video title though.

• Awards Moderator

Sad stuff if it's the case. Regardless of the out-of-ring stuff none of us need to know about, she's had it rough and this is a torturous way for her in-ring career to end. No doubt she'll walk into any other aspect of the business, but right now this must be crushing for her if she can't get in the ring again. Retired at 25. Christ.

Lance Storm and Cyrus did discuss the fact that Paige has had to have major neck surgery before the age of 25 on their podcast recently.

Although they acknowledge she started at 13, they did raise an interesting argument about how wrestlers these days are too reckless with themselves and each other. 
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying Paige is reckless in her style, however after his neck surgery a couple of years ago William Regal also warned the younger generation to take less risks [apron bumps, head drops etc] because it will catch up with them eventually.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Lance Storm and Cyrus did discuss the fact that Paige has had to have major neck surgery before the age of 25 on their podcast recently.

Although they acknowledge she started at 13, they did raise an interesting argument about how wrestlers these days are too reckless with themselves and each other. 
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying Paige is reckless in her style, however after his neck surgery a couple of years ago William Regal also warned the younger generation to take less risks [apron bumps, head drops etc] because it will catch up with them eventually.

I have the same fear with  will ospreay. He was doing the crazy stunts like you see at NJPW in school halls with 100 people. The fact you see him having so many matches after just having cupping isn’t a good sign either (again at WK 12, you could see the marks on his back). He was even talking about how bad his body was with Scrobious pip about 2 years ago. These up and comments need to be more protective, especially when not on the big stage

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick Soapdish said:

I have the same fear with  will ospreay. He was doing the crazy stunts like you see at NJPW in school halls with 100 people. The fact you see him having so many matches after just having cupping isn’t a good sign either (again at WK 12, you could see the marks on his back). He was even talking about how bad his body was with Scrobious pip about 2 years ago. These up and comments need to be more protective, especially when not on the big stage

Ospreay cut a promo at Rev Pro a couple years back saying he wasn’t going to be wrestling as much the next year because he was in pain with his neck etc. Carried on a full schedule the next year while still doing the same style 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Ospreay cut a promo at Rev Pro a couple years back saying he wasn’t going to be wrestling as much the next year because he was in pain with his neck etc. Carried on a full schedule the next year while still doing the same style 

Exactly. I know he is trying to do the best he can but he’ll be the next Dynamite Kid or Daniel Bryan rather then having a long career. Maybe he wants to get done by 30?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

He' a tall lad. If he filled out a bit and altered his style he could have a long career. Stop with all the crazy bumps and moves that cause him to land on the back of his neck or head.

He is about 5ft 8 or so. Not especially tall