Which debut intrigued or underwhelmed you the most?

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show again. It's definitely confirmed for me that my favourite debut of all time is Tazz. Although it might be Kane tomorrow.

Like the observation of how many really hot debuts are followed by absolutely nothing. Sometimes you forget just how useless Jericho was for months after his, how Benoit got put in his place in week one, how Cena became a nobody, etc.

The Goldberg one was ruined for me because they announced the fucker at WrestleMania the night before.

I didn't hear it on Mania. I'm pretty sure I didn't know that he'd signed at all. Which might explain why I was blown away by this and no-one else was!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bret Hart in WCW. I wanted the kick-ass Hitman that I was accustomed to in WWF but all we seemed to get was a watered down, half arsed version that didn't seem to love it as much anymore. 

Nakamura was a debut I was dying for, given the level of work he put in NJPW. It was everything I expected it to be and one of the greatest debut matches ever. Stunning performer with a killer move-set. 

Mordicai was one I wasn't sure about. On the surface it looked intriguing but nothing really came of it 

I never realised how much I wanted a camp homeless Japanese man with a waifish frame who can't speak English to be WWE champion before Nakamura's incredible NXT debut. Now it's hard to imagine wanting the belt on anyone else.

Archived