Who don't we talk about enough?

tiger_rick

I echo the disdain for IRS. As a kid not only did he bore me shitless, not only did I have to put up with stupid relatives asking "why the referee was fighting", but he stuck around for what felt like an eternity. As I started watching more of his career and got older, I found myself utterly confused as to how this guy managed to have the career he did with such little personality during that era. He's one of the luckiest guys around that he was so vapid Vince daydreamed about the most boring job possible - the taxman, and because he did it so well with his failure to contribute the slightest bit of charisma or excitement in the ring, it actually clicked with some folks.

On the subject of IRS I always wondered why WWf had him go over 123 Kid at Summerslam clean. Kid was riding a wave of popularity at the time and it seemed odd to:

A)have him against IRS anyway

B)have him close clean

That flying clothesline did look brutal however it just seemed pointless. IRS was never going to go on to anything and Kid was on the rise

And further to that, I can't bare Bray Wyatt and have stopped pretending to give a shit about Bo Dallas too. Probably time to stick them both in shirts and ties like Dad and do a total reboot.

I think I'll probably be the last Wyatt fan standing. I still think he's got everything. His work is good, his signature spots are way over, his mannerisms are good and his promo delivery is phenomenal. Between him and the writing team though, they've just no idea what the fuck to do with all that.

I say it every week in the TV show threads but people want to cheer him. They want him to focus on the gold and to direct his energy and his creepy promos into it. If he's a heel they just need to create a clear purpose. Whether it's to win gold, take out people he's jealous of or take over the show while amassing an army 9f lost souls - Flock style. It really shouldn't be hard.

In the Attitude Era Bray would be Charlie Manson 2.0 with an Army of Followers doing his bidding and WWE could push the envelope like they did with Taker with the satantic rituals and sacrificing Steph. Now you just get overtones of evil. Back then he could do the whole evil schtick that Jake did before he went to WCW but on a whole different level. There's scary and there's psychologically scary where a look or a few words scare you. I mean IMO the best horror movies aren't gorefests but those which mess with your mind and put you in a false sense of security then wham. I mean WWE should get a horror writer in for Bray but in a PG framework you can't have him doing satanic stuff or anything bordering on being evil. Which is why he hasn't really broken out. He did a bit in NXT where he had Harper and Rowan beat each other up and they seemed to legit go at it or it was more heavy handed strong style working. Maybe they could have him brainwash somebody and become like a Wyatt zombie but that would be too hokey. So the options with Bray are real limited so I'd imagine somewhere down the line he will be Uncle Bray the happy go lucky babyface like when Mankind became a face. But going back to Mick, maybe take some elements of Mankind, heel Jake and such then you have Bray be scary in a PG framework like when Taker first started. I also would have Bray more in a managerial role and just work the big shows because he's not the best in ring worker,it his promo work which he excels at.

I can't remember a bray promo that's made me wanna watch any of this matches, or buy a ticket. He's a confident talker, but a wrestling promo should be making you wanna open your wallet and I don't get that from any of his stuff

• Paid Members

I can't remember a bray promo that's made me wanna watch any of this matches, or buy a ticket. He's a confident talker, but a wrestling promo should be making you wanna open your wallet and I don't get that from any of his stuff

Don't think anyone can argue with that. His stuff with Ambrose is one of the few exceptions. He did a good job building the Taker WM match too considering Taker wasn't around and the streak was dead. But otherwise, it's fair comment. And in spite of that, he's still over and manages to carry himself like a star. They need to exploit that. Like I said earlier, he's got everything you need. It should be can't miss.

On the subject of IRS I always wondered why WWf had him go over 123 Kid at Summerslam clean. Kid was riding a wave of popularity at the time and it seemed odd to:

A)have him against IRS anyway

B)have him close clean

That flying clothesline did look brutal however it just seemed pointless. IRS was never going to go on to anything and Kid was on the rise

IRS and Razor did a house show following this if I remember. I think Waltman himself has said that the decision was made to kind of put him in his place a little since he and Hennig were ribbing everybody a lot at the time.

• Paid Members

I don't know if it played into it on TV but when I was a kid I always figured IRS was the next logical opponent for 123 Kid because of Money Inc. Kid had beaten Dibiase so IRS took him on. Same with the Ramon feud.

I still adore Bray, too. His character is such though that those promos will suffer if he doesn't have the upward momentum to match it. It's why even as a fan I scoffed when a decidedly more midcard Wyatt family returned with that line "The Wyatt family are back and more dangerous than ever." No, youse aren't! The guy is billed as the eater of worlds and he's become seemingly since the WrestleMania match with Cena 'spooky guy on the card'. He needed immediate, non stop upwards momentum. Titles. More followers. Nuts segments all over the shop.

Then you can always press the reset button on that no problem. An implosion of his own group won't seem silly once he has had all of that. In fact it'd be the apocalypse. Then you square him off against his former allies and build him up again even more lethal because he's on his own and he has really lost the plot. Like the way a Final Fantay end game boss kind of mutates and becomes even more messed up halfway through the fight. Jesus, like Broken Matt. He doesn't get any of that though. He just gets 'the bit on the show with Bray Wyatt'. Slot yourself in, boy.

• Paid Members

And further to that, I can't bare Bray Wyatt and have stopped pretending to give a shit about Bo Dallas too. Probably time to stick them both in shirts and ties like Dad and do a total reboot.

When they finally get bored of Bray and he slips down the card into comedy, I at least want this to happen where some babyface takes him shopping and tries to make Wyatt wear a suit. Hanging out in a fitting room with smoke coming out of it and a lantern when they pull back the curtain, but he's wearing a suit and tie. It'll be awful, but in a compelling way.

Broken Bray, where goes goes suit and tie, jeans and tap out t shirts, acts friendly to all the faces, gets on good side, then flip him back heel witha sneak attack/turn during a match

2 Cold fuckin Scorpio. A great wrestler, with great athletics and natural charisma. I'm watching him v Jericho at ECW Doctor Is In the now and he's a cool cat. People should talk about him more. And I'm drunk, bonanza!

WWE's ECW

It started well with ONE NIGHT STAND, had most of the guys they could get and tried giving it the small arena look before the smackdown tapings, it was a decent mix of new and old names to begin with before most of the old names got sacked and they moved the show to big arena's, NXT is probably the way it should've been and was similar as it was a tv stop gap to get guys like Punk, Kofi, Sheamus and others ready for Raw and Smackdown, Plenty of good matches happened too and hope it appears on the network at some point.

Jeff Hardy TNA Heel Run

Thought this was decent and he put effort into it, I always liked his ripped jeans and shirt look for promo's which were good, 'Another me' was his best tna theme, its a shame it didnt last longer (his own fault) and he wouldve been better being is own character rather than the face of Immortal, being given Matt fucking Morgan and Mr Anderson was a huge mistake, he turned on RVD and Angle at BFG but neither came for revenge which was typical tna stupid and could've gotten him much more over than he was.

TNA Reaction

A suprisingly good post show that helped flesh out storylines and characters, another shame it ran for limited time, one of tna's better ideas that went nowhere

Archived