Wrestlers sabotaging matches

Egg Shen

I recall Tensai sandbagging Ryback when he went for Shell Shocked on an episode of Raw. This was around the time that he stepped up against CM Punk - and it made him look like a right chump.

I don't see how two people failing to complete a spot means that one of them purposely decided to stop co-operating? Why would Albert, the mid card nobody, decide to ruin a match with the guy the company is pushing into main events? He's just a fat useless mess and Ryback was a clumsy goon back then as well.

Didn't Tensai/Albert do the same to Lesnar as well? So Lesnar just dumped him on his head.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Eddie sandbagging Benoit at One Night Stand was a thing, right?

Yeah. Apparently Eddie was pissed of with the booking and an early botch. The fans got to him and he just fucked it all off and rolled the effort back, to the mild annoyance of Crispin and Vince.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think that was the lumberjack match they had on Smackdown. It turned into a bit of a mess and was a bit shit considering who was involved.

Paul Roma vs Alex Wright from Superbrawl V is another one for this thread. What was that about? Was Roma on the way out anyway and just thought fuck it?

Yeah when you think of a match being sabotaged I always think of Michaels V Hogan. Shawn set out to make the Hulkster look an absolute tit that night.  I wonder how long it took them to agree on a finish for that match as both guys were notorious for not wanting to do the job.

Jerry Flynn stiffed Goldberg several times in on of their various encounters, Jerry must have thought 'Fuck it, i'm not losing again!' and busted Bergy's lip.

Dirt Bike Kid also comes to mind, unmasks himself during a MASKED tournament, no sells Sasuke, Sasuke nearly kills Dirty, Kid tries to shake Sasuke's hand... Utter train wreck!

• Moderators

Hercules vs Sid Justice is great one, although the video has about 5 pixels in it

There was a crazy one floating around Twitter a while back of a WCW jobber completely no-selling everything he was hit with, as they stiff the shit out of him. I think it was against the Skyscrapers, 90/91. Maybe someone remembers and can post it, because it was ace.

edit: found it. The match starts 2 minutes in. They have to hold him down as he tries to kick out of their finish. What on earth was this lunatic playing at?!

I think I've heard people mention Perfect v Luger at Mania 9. I don't know, but the rumour I've heard is Perfect sabotaged it to make Luger look like shite. Which I'm not quite getting cos literally have a passable match that made any sense and you got the best match on that card

Dirt Bike Kid also comes to mind, unmasks himself during a MASKED tournament, no sells Sasuke, Sasuke nearly kills Dirty, Kid tries to shake Sasuke's hand... Utter train wreck!

Didn't another wrestler move out of the way when he was meant to catch Dirt Bike during a dive? Think he may have suffered an injury as a result.

Didn't seem like a popular guy. Sasuke looked like he genuinely wanted to kill him.

Oh yeah that reminds of Inoki beating the shit out of some fat fucker because he wasn't cooperating.

• Paid Members

That Skyscrapers squash match is nuts. What the fuck was that idiot thinking? He must've been off his tits on something pretty good to think that was a good idea. I mean, it's not like he was in there with Bagwell or Terry Taylor or something. Why would you no sell Sid and Dan Spivey's stuff? Complete mad man.

I just looked up some Spivey on YouTube and found him obliterating Hawk with a chair...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=kSlvx2tiFa8

Fucking hell!

And here's Spivey explaining it from around 5:50 on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=zxFfSM0CaPM

Archived