YouTube Channels directory (reference)

JNLister

• Paid Members

Watching an old MSG house show on Landy's YouTube which originally aired on MSG Network, I wondered how widespread the syndication of these shows was? Back then the business model was to build matches on TV and run them at house shows. As we've seen from the WWE 24/7 & WWE Network in recent years as well as tape traders, there were a lot of shows aired. The MSG and Boston Garden house shows particularly. How many people had access to these? Seems counter intuitive to their business model.

On the show I was watching, MSG from October 1990, Mr Perfect challenges KVE for the IC Title. They do the ref bump and Perfect has Tornado pinned in the Perfect Plex for about 10 seconds, then the ref finally recovers for the super slow count and again Perfect has him beat comfortably. What a strange position to put a babyface in back in 1990.

Wrestling Reality: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanzciGkIKYFPecHC0XUBfw

Breaks nearly every rule I listed, but awesome nonetheless. It's 15 minute recaps of each Raw and Smackdown and 5 minute recaps of the various 1-hour WWE shows. But it's not just a set of clips, it's everything on the show. It's every key line from every segment and then virtually every spot from every match, with all the restholds, transitions, waffle etc cut out. A little bit jarring to watch but by far the most efficient way to keep up without worrying about missing something.

Just tried going here to cram in the last few weeks of WWE that I've missed, but they only seem to have videos from this week. Do they delete them on the reg?

Not too well syndicated, just locally to the show. MSG shows would be on the MSG Network, Philly Spectrum on PRISM, and Boston Gardens on NESN.

Yes the complete house shows would typically only be shown on the local sports network.

Matches from these shows would also get repurposed for the Prime Time Wrestling and All American Wrestling programs on USA within a few weeks, but they would almost never show Hogan matches or stipulation matches such as steel cage matches from the arena shows on the national TV programs. Those matches they would stockpile for the Coliseum Video VHS tapes that you had to rent or buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wrestling Reality: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCanzciGkIKYFPecHC0XUBfw

Breaks nearly every rule I listed, but awesome nonetheless. It's 15 minute recaps of each Raw and Smackdown and 5 minute recaps of the various 1-hour WWE shows. But it's not just a set of clips, it's everything on the show. It's every key line from every segment and then virtually every spot from every match, with all the restholds, transitions, waffle etc cut out. A little bit jarring to watch but by far the most efficient way to keep up without worrying about missing something.

Just tried going here to cram in the last few weeks of WWE that I've missed, but they only seem to have videos from this week. Do they delete them on the reg?

Yep, I guess they figure it reduces the chances of them getting busted.

• Paid Members

Slightly off topic, but there's an awesome new Roku channel called 'Rasslin!

Unlike normal Roku channels there's no menu, but instead everytime you go on to it you get a random video, mainly from 70s and 80s territories stuff. So far I've seen Ray Stevens-Billy Robinson, a bunch of Memphis and AWA promos, some stuff from early 80s Worldwide and, rather confusingly, a promo for a 2014 indy show with Chris Masters.

• 2 weeks later...

The girlfriend is out till tomorrow..

I've ice cold beer in the fridge. A Indian + garlic naan on the way soon.

I've a big bag of weed and a lot of time on my hands.

I'll be binge watching YouTube wrestling vids till Match of the Day.

Where shall I start ?

Any good documentaries that I may have missed ?

I see the 80's wrestling flick "Bodyslam" with Face from the A-Team is on YouTube. Surely great in a horrible way ???

• 7 months later...