'Interesting' subcultures

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

There was a wee bit of discussion in the big lads club (paid) about my friend being a furry. Now it's brought me round to the topic of subcultures, specifically unique ones like being into furries. Why? Why are people into that, or those people who are obsessed with My Little Pony, or people who still dress as Teddy Boys. Weird shit, how many odd subcultures or clubs are there in the UK. They're fascinating.

I have easily clocked in 2-3 hours watching youtube videos on My little Pony fandom. It's so weird, like you assume all the male fans are gay but a good 75% (maybe even more) are straight (or at least say they are). And then there's the my little pony sex toys....I mean how do you approach asking your wife to wear a My little pony tail in the bedroom?

Recently there was documentary on channel 4 about men who act like puppies, that weirded me right out

You fucking arseholes. How can I look my 6 year old in the face now when she wants me to be Rainbow Dash when we're playing ponies in the garden???

No but seriously, adult Bronies??? Seriously weird, but then plenty of people think it's weird I still watch wrestling so...

• Paid Members

Have told this story before, I used to post regularly (and mod) at the old Wrestlecrap forums, but I was driven out by the total obsessiveness of the horse fuckers. It wasn't enough that they'd co-opted a show that was supposed to be for little girls to enjoy, but they caused all sorts of drama about their daily horse thread. They insisted on making a new one daily, and justified it by forcing it to be 30 pages long every day. The day that a lad threatened to kill himself because he hadn't been able to start the new thread himself was the day I knocked it on the head.

• Paid Members

Have told this story before, I used to post regularly (and mod) at the old Wrestlecrap forums, but I was driven out by the total obsessiveness of the horse fuckers. It wasn't enough that they'd co-opted a show that was supposed to be for little girls to enjoy, but they caused all sorts of drama about their daily horse thread. They insisted on making a new one daily, and justified it by forcing it to be 30 pages long every day. The day that a lad threatened to kill himself because he hadn't been able to start the new thread himself was the day I knocked it on the head.

A daily horse thread. What the absolute fuck?

• Paid Members

A daily horse thread. What the absolute fuck?

They would spam the whole thread with anthropomorphic pictures of Twilight Dave, Flutterby, and Rainbow Dave, but the forum rules were so strict that they weren't even hilarious clopping (don't look it up) images, they were just baby horses doing their taxes or something. Repeat that 150 times a day, and sprinkle in posts that were just "great!", or "wow!", or "horse!", and you've got a 30 page thread limit reached deliberately at the end of a 24 hour period, and then some manbaby gets to start up the cycle all over again: "MLP Threads: Day 345 — A Horse Called Man"

Archived