Celebrities you'd like to see at BritWres events

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

ICW's had a few belters. The lads from Still Game and Jimmy Corkhill were fantastic. Not forgetting that promotion who brought in a few Father Ted characters. Progress had Chris Kamera introducing segments on one of their shows as well. I love seeing shit like that. The thing is, they're all whores. A few quid and you'll get that level of celebrity on your wrestling show. Where its a opening a new Poundland or Celebrity Big Brother, they'll do anything for the money.

I'd bring in Paul Gascoigne (during one of his sober days of course). If you were on a night out watching the wrestling and Gazza turned up, how class would that be? Gazza slurring away on the mic, and a heel group come out and Jimmy 5 Bellys makes the save.

They're all dying off, so you'd have to get in their quick. The dream of Paul Daniels cutting Bram in half is long gone.

• Paid Members

I want to see Burnside from the Bill get into it with someone and it all kicks off with Dave quinnan, George Garfield and Ted Roach all getting involved at ringside like a bunch of Bruce Harts.

Don Beech would obviously run down, tease help then turn on them. Because he's a shit.

• Paid Members

The Jimmy Corkhill thing blew my mind when I heard about it. It's probably the one moment in British wrestling I wish I could have been there for. So taking inspiration from that I'd book Steve McDonald, Norris, Tyrone and Kirk. Some of the funniest actors on telly, national treasures. I think any of that lot would be brilliant on a wrestling show.

• Moderators

Britwres missed a massive trick never having Rik Mayall stoving someone in with a kick to the balls and a frying pan.

Steve McFadden in a beanie and long wool coat grasping a bottle of cheap whiskey would be so many buys

• Moderators

Well said Arch! Jim McDonald. "Listen Zachary, I don't care if you were in NOAH and the Cruiserweight Classic, so I don't. I love Elizabeth, Steven and Andrew, so I do, and you've wronged them, so you have. So if you think you're hard, come on."

• Paid Members

Thing with Jim McDonald is, though, I'd want him to grow the tash for the appearance, and I can see that being an extra few quid on his fee. And I wouldnt want to talk turkey with Jim, so I dont. He'd probably do to me what Nailz did to Vince. Only this time, it would be true that the promoter tried to feel his balls.

Cant agree more about Rik Mayall. He'd have done it as well. I cant imagine there's a person in wrestling or a fan of wrestling in this country who didnt love him. He'd have been treated like a king in a promotion.

Danny Dyer as a fackin well mugged-off GM, running the show with an entourage of those other rubbish Brit actors that turn up in the 317th telling of the Essex Boys story or the latest "Just like The Krays" straight to DVD shitfest. Crappy, Laaaandon geezers acting like hardnuts in cheap suits, setting up matches and threatening to shoot people.

vulRMTfK_400x400.jpg

"Let's make this a facking naughty tag team match, sunshine"

tamer-hassan-24-filming-450x450.jpg

"Fuck me"

billy-murray-02.jpg

"Well naughty"

Either call it Well Tasty Wrestling or Right Hard Bastards.

Season finale..

Bricktop turns up and kills everyone WIV A FACKIN SHOOTER!

992fe148cceac090cd2ac582487fae46.jpg

• Paid Members

Britwres missed a massive trick never having Rik Mayall stoving someone in with a kick to the balls and a frying pan.

Steve McFadden in a beanie and long wool coat grasping a bottle of cheap whiskey would be so many buys

In regards to Rik Mayall, an emailer on the new gen podcast (on the topic of famous people in a period of wrestling) suggested Richie & Eddie in the WWF Hardcore division, which in my head always makes me chuckle. The entrance to the Bum Notes alone.

I've seen Omelette out of Lee Nelson's Well Good Show of all people has done a few appearances here and there. He's a big wrestling fan.

Wasn't he a wrestler first - "Country Boy?"

Yep. Worked Mad Eli & UCW shows prior to 2007.

Archived