What does your WrestleMania card look like?

tiger_rick

Cena vs Taker - I like the idea of a retirement match. 

(face) Styles w/ The Club vs (heel) Orton w/ Evolution - WWE Title 

Rollins vs Balor vs Owens vs Reigns - Universal Title 

(heel) Sasha vs Bayley - Womens Title 

Samoa Joe vs Lesnar

Rusev vs Zayn vs - US Title

8-spot monkey IC Title Ladder match 

Battle Royal with the rest

Enzo + Cass © vs Winner of pre-show Tornado Tag (American Alpha) - Tag Belts 

Women's Battle Royal 

Tornado Tag Team Team Belts qualifying match 

Only one match would be Raw vs Smackdown

John Cena (sd) vs Roman Reigns (raw)

WWE's version of Batman vs Superman, start it slow and subtle maybe at Summerslam have them walk past each other or something and 'give a look' to each other, do small stuff like this at any joint ppv or shows (like Slammy Awards), at the Rumble have a staredown and small fight leading to both being dumped out at same time by someone, tension builds, 'who's the real face of wwe' etc, Big match at mania, Reigns wins (he needs it more)

WWE Title

Ziggler © Bray Wyatt 

I know this doesnt sound great or mania worthy but I'd have Ziggler win the title and turn heel (since he's channeling HBK these days try and go 97 hbk with him), I think Wyatt could make a great Mankind outcast type face, Handsome Fucker vs Bearded Maniac is a good dynamic, Wyatt wins

will have a think and come back with rest of the card

Off the top of my head...

Cena vs. Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. Shane McMahon w/ Daniel Bryan - Special Ref: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Roman Reigns vs. The Rock

Finn Balor & The Club vs. American Alpha & Kurt Angle

Bayley vs. Sasha Banks

The Big Show vs. Shaq

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose

Pre-Show:

Battle Royal

Paige vs. Asuka

Styles vs Balor (WWE World Title) (Balor to take over the club at Summerslam). 

Cena vs Undertaker.

American Alpha vs Enzo/Cass (tag titles)

Brock vs Rock (as its Florida).

Ambrose vs Seth (inter-promotional match) 

Reigns vs Bray Wyatt (Universal match, Reigns is heel, Bray is face). Bray wins Rumble and goes after a heel Reigns.

Cruiserweight Classic - Throw four cruiserweights in this to start off the show).

Bayley vs Charlotte vs Banks - Womens Title

IC Ladder Match - Four from Smackdown vs Four from Raw, gives the title a chance to switch brands.

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens 

I know some of it is random but I'm expecting a few trades on Raw/Smackdown before then and you can always have title opportunities etc pop up. 

Cena vs reigns. Reigns turns and blames cena for making the crowd booing a grid guy acceptable.

Lesnar vs nakamura - have Brock open challenge for mania, have a few step up and get destroyed. Raw before mania Herman giving it I guess Lesnar has night off, then have Nakamura come out.

Rollins vs undertaker

Bossman vs whoever is champ he wants to challenge

Enzo & cass vs alpha vs revival vs new day for tags belts. New champs

Rock vs hhh - smack down vs raw

I've wanted to see Cena vs Undertaker headline Wrestlemania as much as anyone over the last few years, but I think that ship's sailed now. If they're doing an Undie farewell match, it should've been last WM in Texas against Cena, or this next WM against a younger guy who can benefit from it.

There are so few big names left that any clean victories over them need to be given to the next gen. I'd build this Wrestlemania around putting the next crop of stars over the old guard.

I don't watch enough these days to be able to put a full card together but I'd have Nakamura go over Lesnar, Reigns retire Undertaker, Ambrose beat Cena, Joe beat Triple H, and let Rollins rub shoulders with The Rock.

Nakamura vs Cena

WWE Title Match: Styles vs Lesnar (Brock wins the Rumble and chooses which title he wants to go for)

Universal Title: Rollins vs Balor (assuming their first match is awesome this would be the third and deciding match)

Goldberg vs Strowman

Reigns vs Owens

Street Fight: Ambrose vs Orton

Enzo And Cass vs American Alpha

Women's Title: Sasha Banks vs Asuka

Wyatt vs Ziggler

Zayn vs Russev

Multiman stuff

THE ROCK vs BROCK LESNAR
Universal title: ROMAN REIGNS vs FINN BALOR
WWE title: DEAN AMBROSE vs JOHN CENA vs RANDY ORTON
SETH ROLLINS vs TRIPLE H
BRAY WYATT vs LUKE HARPER
Intercontinental title: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs AJ STYLES
UNDERTAKER vs KEVIN OWENS

US title ladder match (RUSEV, ZAYN, KOFI, SHEAMUS, CESARO, ROODE)

Womens title match

Tag team match (probably a four way for the belts)

Kickoff:

Andre Battle Royal

Womens tag match

Cruiserweight division match

That's a ten-match main card, which I'm not sure is feasible. Even less feasible is having The Rock in the main event -- taking him out would probably involve a rejig of the entire card, and I'd have Brock vs Nakamura then, but that's not a WrestleMania main event. So if we just pretend Rock is wrestling, that's my card. Generally I'd never put Orton and Cena as opponents ever again, but I think it's a good dynamic with them as the two long-established megastars and Ambrose as the upstart (perhaps even have them both fail to beat him in singles matches on the SmackDown PPVs).

World Heavyweight Title Match - Undertaker vs Seth Rollins - If I don't have Cena vs Taker (which everyone else seems to be) then I would put Rollins over Taker in Taker's retirement match for the title. I believe Rollins has the skills to drag one final brilliant match out of Taker if done right. I can imagine the sequence of Taker trying for a Last Ride, Seth slipping down his back and hitting the pedigree for a three count. 

WWE Universal Title Match - Finn Balor © vs AJ Styles 

Intercontinental Title Match - John Cena © vs Shinsuke Nakamura - have Nakamura cost Cena the Rumble (Nakamura's debut PPV) in the final four leading to Cena challenging the KoSS. Nakamura says that he wants to elevate the IC title like he did in NJPW. Nakamura beats Cena for the title and holds it for one year until a champion vs champion match in the main event of WM34. Build the IC title up like NJPW did with Nakamura - make it prestigious again. 

Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt - do some epic cut-scene style presentation where Lesnar gets taken out of his Beastly comfort zone! What about Wyatt kidnapping Heyman? 

Sasha Banks vs Bayley - pretty much give it 20 plus minutes and let them steal it again. 

The Rock & Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton & Triple H - HHH and Orton reunite against the Reigns/Rock family dynasty Give Rock/HHH a final showdown and allow for a brilliant heel turn by Reigns at the end of the match. I would then likely pair Reigns and Orton in the longer term with The Rock making an appearance at SummerSlam against Reigns to solidify his heel status. 

Ladder Tag Team Title Match - American Alpha vs Enzo & Cass vs New Day (I think a tag ladder may be better than the MITB style and it would allow for some epic tag moves too). Bring the crowd 'up' with a fast paced title match to start. 

I'm not a fan of putting every bugger on the card just because... I like a shorter Mania with matches that build and mean something. If you have to throw everyone out there they can do some sort of multi-man match on the pre-show but the problem with WM is that everyone expects to be on the show. 

Alternatively have Cena and AJ roles reversed. 

I've wanted to see Cena vs Undertaker headline Wrestlemania as much as anyone over the last few years, but I think that ship's sailed now. If they're doing an Undie farewell match, it should've been last WM in Texas against Cena, or this next WM against a younger guy who can benefit from it.

There are so few big names left that any clean victories over them need to be given to the next gen. I'd build this Wrestlemania around putting the next crop of stars over the old guard.

I don't watch enough these days to be able to put a full card together but I'd have Nakamura go over Lesnar, Reigns retire Undertaker, Ambrose beat Cena, Joe beat Triple H, and let Rollins rub shoulders with The Rock.

Id like that card but I can't imagine them ever letting every young guy go over... unfortunately. 

Archived