The Most Useless Tag Team or Stable Ever?

Liam O'Rourke

So for this week's podcast we're looking for your nominations on the Most Useless Tag Team or Stable you believe you've ever seen in wrestling - from any company at any period of time.

You can pick either a full-time tag team or stable to focus on here, so nice and broad, but we're looking for the general uselessness of the unit, and WHY they get your nod for the most useless there's ever been.

As always the best contributions will be read on the show and you'll be credited accordingly. So who gets your vote for this lofty title?

EDIT - Our show debating the Most Useless Tag Team or Stable Ever, featuring many of your contributions, is now online and available to listen to at the following link: http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/rck6cq/SCG_Radio_92_-_The_Most_Useless_Tag_Team_or_Stable_Ever.mp3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New Blackjacks.  The Attitude era was getting underway and yet they resurrected a gimmick from as far back as the 70's.  They may have been trying to get them over as tough guys but they failed miserably.  It's possible a tag team of Windham/Bradshaw might have worked with a better gimmick or better booking but Windham was pretty much knackered by this point.

straight from the off Harris Boys, whether they were Tribute Carlos Valderama Mountain men in Suedette Vests made from Dunelm cushions ,suited gangsters in Sunglasses from a lucky lucky man on Blackpool beach or the only time they played themselves as racist neo nazi bikers they've shitted up every ring they ever stepped foot in, and given there huge success and drawing power akin to The Rock & Austin having a baby they get given the Creative in TNA, what actual reason do Bog Ron & Heavy D have to be alive , to quote The King "there mother wishes she had a headache when they were conceived""

The Million Dollar Corporation – what a heap of shite. We all know 1995 was the nadir of the WWF and with this firm of gimps taking up television time and feuding with the top faces that year, it’s not hard to see why.

Look at the state of that line-up:

·          Ted DiBiase

·          Nikolai Volkoff

·          Bam Bam Bigelow

·          Irwin R. Schyster

·          Fake Undertaker

·          Tatanka

·          King Kong Bundy

·          Kama

·          Xanta Klaus

Disciples of Apocalypse - shit shit shit. A load of bald guys and dirty looking bikers that all looked the same. Kick, punch, kick punch. Only ever got a break because Crush was sucking Taker's balls backstage.  Bloody hideous - especially the deal where they went against the Nation of Domination and Savio's gang (who were nearly as shit). 

Got to the be The Union, surely? - Mankind, Test, Shamrock and Big Show was't it?

ONLY 'noteable' moment was Mick's 'We are the Union of People You Oughta Respect, Son! In other words, UP YORS, Shane!'

You KNOW Russo was pissing himself at that one!

Nod also must go to X-Factor, who were almost as shit as their ITV namesake, - XPac, Albert and Justin Credible. Has there ever been WORSE entrance music in the history of the business, ever?

Heartthrobs . . . The Dicks . . . The Gymini . . . The Dudebusters . .  .Anything from that weird period of Raw rolling out tag teams to a lot of build up . . . them not being any good and then quietly forgotten about a few weeks later.

My main answer is The Corre though? What were they even trying to achieve? It lasted about 4 weeks. They had a feud with Nexus that never even featured a match. Zeke turned face . . . no one cared . . . Wade plodded about for ages until the brilliant bad news gimmick.

And Justin Gabriel . . .  

I'll throw the 'New' Nexus into the hat for this. The first few months of the original Nexus were great. Then eventually after losing time and time again they dumped Barrett and brought in Punk as the leader. They pretty much did nothing as a unit other than being single handedly eliminated from the Rumble by Cena. Then in the build up to Mania you had Orton punting each of Husky Harris, Michael Mcgillicutty and Mason Ryan back to NXT. Ultimately pointless and it did nothing for anyone's career.

Sorry, gonna have speak in defence of the Million Dollar Corporation here.

Not a thorough, glowing, irrefutable defence, mind you.

I just liked 'em, is all.

And the "Who sold out?" angle at SummerSlam '94 is one of the most enduring from that era for me.

And Taker vs Taker for that matter.

No wonder I was the only kid at school still buying the sticker album that year.

• Paid Members

JBL's 'Cabinet' were pretty shit.

JBL

Orlando Jordan

Basham Brothers

Amy Weber

I actually quite liked JBL's chickenshit title reign once I got over the initial shock and underwhelming...ness of seeing fucking Bradshaw as a main eventer. But to saddle him with this shower of shite? I think Amy Weber was alright in her role as valet eye candy but the rest. Urgh. Orlando Jordan was crap. And the Bashams probably deserve a mention for this thread on their own, I reckon. I used to read that they (especially Doug) were great in OVW, I never saw their OVW stuff, but they were cack when they got to the big dance. Literally all I remember of their run is them standing in the background during JBL's promos and that angle where the big black woman who managed them for a bit (can't even remember her name, nor be arsed to look it up) took a clothesline and her tits grew from the swelling (definitely not the boob job she'd just had). JBL being the cowardly heel he was, it made sense for him to surround himself with henchmen to protect him and run interference in his matches if need be. But why would the world champion choose a bunch of jobbers? Flair had Tully and Arn, JBL had the fucking Bashams. Awful stable.

Saying that, Kurt Angle knocking about with Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak around the same time wasn't much better. 2004 Smackdown wasn't the best, was it? Big Show getting shot with tranquillisers, Kidman turning into the world's sulkiest heel because he accidentally hurt Chavo Guerrero, Heidenreich. Rotten.

• Paid Members

Los Boriquas were the absolute worst. At least DOA looked like they could cause you some bother. Savio Vega looked well past it, Miguel Perez was decent enough in the ring, but a charisma vacuum (I believe he was the lad with the hairy back). The most memorable thing Jose Estrada did was have his neck accidentally broken by Edge, and Jesus is so memorable that he doesn't even warrant a wikipedia page. I can;t recall anything of note that they achieved as a group, aside from filling out the tedious 'gang war' storyline that WWE had had going in late 1997. Abysmal.

Going to go with League of Nations. Four guys that were fairly over on their own but the crowd could not care less when they were out there together.

You know your foreign heel stable is failing when you have Wrestlemania in Texas and not a single USA chant could be found anywhere in that crowd...in TEXAS.

• Paid Members

I can;t recall anything of note that they achieved as a group, aside from filling out the tedious 'gang war' storyline that WWE had had going in late 1997. Abysmal.

I must have been the only person to enjoy the gang wars stuff :(

Archived