WWE Battleground 2016 Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we shall see Bayley again shortly. Pop she got was incredible.

Nah, they'll chuck her back down to NXT, trolling innit. It's what they do with wrestlers we like eh?

In all fairness, she did say in her backstage interview that it was a one-night deal and that she'd be focusing on NXT. I'd imagine she'll face Asuka at Takeover and then move to the main roster permanently.

Hopefully we shall see Bayley again shortly. Pop she got was incredible.

Nah, they'll chuck her back down to NXT, trolling innit. It's what they do with wrestlers we like eh?

Erm, they actually ARE 'chucking' her back down to NXT for the time being. Much was made that her appearance was a 'one-off' (for now, obviously)

• Paid Members

Bayley's debut was awesome. It reminded me of Jericho's debut in 1999. Someone who's built up loads of goodwill elsewhere, everyone has figured out who it is, and then they get a huge pop when it's revealed. Awesome.

I loved Owens vs. Zayn, but Jesus Christ. Brainbusters on the ring apron is really fucking stupid.

Who would have ever imagined that Enzo Amore would be developmental's greatest success story? Nobody has done a better job of transitioning to the main roster. He's amazing. My only gripe, and it's tiny, is that I wish they didn't cut the music when he runs through the catchphrases. It was so much better in NXT when the music would carry on playing as he'd go through his routine. But yeah, fuck Big Cas. Enzo is where the money is. I'd genuinely look towards one day putting the World Title on him.

I don't care about Randy Orton. I haven't missed him and he feels dreadfully mis-cast whenever he's playing babyface.

Most noteworthy thing about the main event was the video package before it. The Shield were so great. I wish they'd hurry up and reunite them, even if it's only for a couple of months.

Both rosters look weak as piss when you see them all together in the locker rooms.

Enzo/Big Cass is going only one way, isn't it? They'll break them up in a year or two, and slowly push Enzo down the card whilst putting the rocket boosters on Big Cass. All against a backdrop of fans shitting all over Big Cass and chanting Enzo's name. It's obvious.

Enzo's fucking great. His line 'never make eye contact with ANYONE whilst eating a banana' absolutely creased me. His ability to flick between genuinely funny and stone cold killer, without sounding contrived, is a talent very few have ever mastered; The Rock obviously being the best at it.

As for Randy Orton. He looked a fucking state. He looked like he'd had a reaction from a bee string, and fuck only knows what the t-shirt, trousers and trainers look was all about.

Decent main event at least it had the right result.  Looks like the same again for titles.  WWE title on SD and WHC on Raw.

I quite enjoyed the highlight reel even though I don't really like Orton.  The pop at Lesnar was good.  I expect Brock will sandbag the fucker at SummerSlam.

Bob Backlund looked like he had just escaped from the local nut house after the IC match. 

• Paid Members

My favorite thing in ages was how happy Sasha Banks looked when Bayley's music hit and she got that massive pop. She looked genuinely made up. A real special moment. The amount Breaking Ground has made me care about the NXT crew can't be overstated. They should chop that show into small chunks and fill episodes of RAW and Smackdown with them.

Not even Breaking Ground could save Mojo though. He's so, so shit. I think the crowd realizing how rubbish he is and accordingly turning on him is going to be the most entertaining thing about his run. Does anyone think he'll still be employed in two years?

Surprised people are complaining about the brand pride stuff. A lot of "I want the title on our show!" stuff on commentary but it was hardly Survivor Series 2005 levels of aural antagonism. Locker room scenes - as bare and eerily WCW new blood thin as the rosters looked - are exactly the type of thing that should have been on the draft show too. You have two separate shows, so push them as such. They're eventually going to have a war. Hopefully later rather than sooner (although you can see them jacking the jelly by Survivor Series).

Enjoyable show. Love me a bit of cool Randy Orton. Everything went down nice and easy. Didn't even notice it went over three hours!

It was just a slightly overly distracting sub-narrative to me. It makes sense that it's a big deal for the different brands to have that title and a one night only feel where JBL would be rooting for Ambrose and such But I could've done without the silly locker room shots and the entire roster of people who will soon, and some who are already, be at each others throats all having a party in the ring

It was a really solid show even if it was all a bit pointless with the draft. The only real negative was the ending to that Miz/Young match. WTF was that? 

But yeah, great to see Bayley debut in the opener, a cracking match between Zayn/Owens, a fun segment with Jericho/Orton and a main event that was fairly unpredictable for a change. Glad to see they're serious about Ambrose (famous last words).

Archived