UFC 202: Diaz vs McGregor 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ah right, I always thought he was a SBG guy.

Nate Diaz was on Conan O'Brien's show last night. This is the only version of it I can find at the minute;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=3nk2BnUCamE

Love the way he goes from laughing and joking around then they play that message from McGregor and Nate's expression changes to the point where you can see the old Diaz mean mug creeping in. I thought he came off well though. Never thought we'd see the day when they'd send a Diaz brother on the late night talk shows.

• Paid Members

Let's be honest Wand, if it wasn't for Mcgregor, Nate would still be stuck treading water. He's been in the UFC god knows how long and wasn't really climbing that ladder. Yes, beating Mcgregor has made Nate into a star, but when it comes down to it, Mcgregor agreeing to take on Nate on short notice and continue to fight gave Nate the platform. 

• Paid Members

Ariel Helwani always tells a great story about speaking to Nick Diaz a while back, where Nick was saying how much he regrets getting Nate involved in MMA and wishes there was a way out for both of them. It's amazing to think that after years of them making average money they both finally hit the jackpot. Nate Diaz on Conan. Absolutely mental.

• Paid Members

Can't believe we're only a few short weeks away. If there was ever a show to break the 100 number this has as good a chance as any. The last one very nearly equaled that number and I've never ever talked to so many randoms about MMA more, due to this feud. Plus, Nate is a baller now.

I watched the 196 fight this morning and it's pretty mad how much McGregor puts into that first round. Throwing bombs and that spinning heel kick to the head, that was like a train coming down the tunnel. In true Goldberg fashion it's seconds after he confidently says "fatigue should not be an issue for either fighter" that you can tell McGregor's body is telling him he screwed up. Of course, this leads to McGregor moving less and while he is still landing shots Nate can take all day, it allows Nate to start finding his range and what not.

You can see what both men have to beat the other. Nate can take McGregor's best punches all day, while McGregor got rocked by Diaz, but McGregor was proper battering Diaz before his body failed him and he stopped moving so well. It's proper intriguing. Hopefully we get a fairly tight match with a McGregor win because a 3rd down the road will be huge (again) for the sport, plus we all want Nate to make more money.

Nate Diaz just tweeted 'UFC played me again #trustnobody'..

This better be fuck all.

Nothing else on this? Maybe Nate was having a bad day. This kind of thing you'd expect to be covered and elaborated on more.

I've watched the first fight a few times myself lately. It makes me wonder if Conor can make the adjustments. He's good technically but he's never been the type to point fight, his MO is to come forward the way he did and try and take the other guys head off. Nate took Conor's best, wasn't like McGregor was missing. And I think Nate's too lanky, too good at boxing and has too good cardio, for Conor to win a 5 round striking battle.

• Paid Members

Nate Diaz just tweeted 'UFC played me again #trustnobody'..

This better be fuck all.

Nothing else on this? Maybe Nate was having a bad day. This kind of thing you'd expect to be covered and elaborated on more.

Wasn't it just because he kinda got tucked up on Conan?

• Paid Members

Ta for the video, Herbie. I had no idea Zahabi did this type of thing.

It's an interesting take on what happened from somebody that obviously has a better clue than all of us. McGregor essentially has a bully mentality and in classic bully form he folded once he knew Nate was going nowhere. Maybe I misheard (I listened to it while drying my balls), but I thought he contradicted himself a few times when he said McGregor gassed because he threw too much into the first, which he says wasn't the problem early doors.

Will definitely be checking his show out more.

Archived