New CTE lawsuit (featuring new names to the WWE black list)

IANdrewDiceClay

I was reading up on this, and one of these fuckers (I think Black Bart) claimed they wrestled ten times in one day. They just cant tell the truth, this lot. Its really hard for them in the real world, because they cant give up on the outright lies.

No wonder they tend to get into real estate or used car sales, where the ability to tell whopping lies about inferior products is an attribute. I can imagine them struggling in a lot of industries: claiming they'd sold every pasty in Greggs in 15 minutes flat and one of them was to the Queen, building a wall that's six foot tall and claiming it was 15 foot high, clocking off after five minutes and claiming they'd been working 15, 20 minutes...

I wonder if, in regards to Axl Rotten and others with short/no WWF/WWE/WWWF tenure, the buy-out of WCW and ECW also involved an obligation to take on any lawsuits against the companies in future. So Rotten's estate is essentially suing ECW.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

95-96 I'd say. He showed up around SummerSlam 95 and left after Survivor Series the following year.

I was reading up on this, and one of these fuckers (I think Black Bart) claimed they wrestled ten times in one day. They just cant tell the truth, this lot. Its really hard for them in the real world, because they cant give up on the outright lies.

If you thought you had a legit case and you were being lumped in with these carnie numpties, you'd be gutted.

I wish one of these would eventually get to court, just so we could have all these people sat in the same courtroom looking like the Raggy Dolls and shooting themselves in the foot with their amazing lies

Jimmy Snuka. What an ingrate! After that "spot of bother" Vince got him out of!

My thoughts exactly, also with his daughter currently wrestling for them you would think this is something he wouldn't get involved with

Not only is a murderer, he's also unloyal, the worst kind of gangster

• Paid Members

Real shame is that there's a few on that list who would've made decent HOF inductees - we're going to be stuck with some right shit over the coming years

The HOF isn't 100% bona fide legends today.

Yes but nor has it ever been. James Dudley! Johnny Rodz! Good grief...

• Paid Members

I wonder if, in regards to Axl Rotten and others with short/no WWF/WWE/WWWF tenure, the buy-out of WCW and ECW also involved an obligation to take on any lawsuits against the companies in future. So Rotten's estate is essentially suing ECW.

That's probably their logic but I can't see it holding up. WWE bought ECW's assets from the bankruptcy court (in fact they may even have been awarded them). There's no way that includes liability for future lawsuits because, well, that's not how bankruptcy works. Otherwise wouldn't the rest of the creditors just immediately sue WWE for all the money they were owed?

WCW's a possibility but I remember them trying to shift the blame for Benoit onto "Ted Turner's WCW" which would be dumb as fuck if they were legally responsible for it.

Is Chavo the only one on the list who has actually worked for WWE in the past ten years? Outside cameo appearances obviously.

• Paid Members

This independent contractors thing has to eventually change at some point eh? Surely some sort of law about not allowing them to work elsewhere therefore limiting their earnings or something will come into play?

Yeah, that's the only real part of the legal action that stands up for me. To most in the wrestling business its just accepted, but to the majority of people on the outside looking in, they're clearly not independent contractors. If they truly were independent contractors, Steve Austin could have shown up on WCW Thunder on his days off.

Archived