All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I actually love the sunshine. When I'm outdoors though, not in a sweatbox of 65 people's odours.

This, plus when I can do everyday tasks without pissing sweat out.

I've never understood why if it's way too hot we have to enjoy it. "Because it will only be here for a few days" doesn't cut it. It only snows a couple of days per year and I think that's shit too.

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever taken off my shirt outside, even when I was a kid and warm. A bit odd. I'm very nervous of my body though, plus I was a chubby lad.

It's not been that warm up here in Scotland the last week. Looks like we've got a sunny start today though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Yesterday at work I necked 3 litres of water and 2 bottles of lucozade sport and my piss was stil fluorescent yellow. On the other hand I am going to be working on the Exeter uni campus a bit later, so there's going to be lots of barely clothed birds around.

Similar aircon maladies prevail in this office. I'm also sat right next to a giant thick window that magnifies the intensity of the sun tenfold so I feel like a cannabis plant in a Vietnamese attic right about now. This heat is simply too much for me, I'll be one of the miserable ones. I don't mind the brightness when it's got a bit of breeze to go with it but any sort of heat that causes a layer of paste to develop between the palm of my hand and the PC's mouse can get fucked.

Still, next week it will be September and a few days after that it'll be awesome halloween and then awesome christmas where I do things like watch Holy and Fantastic Mr. Fox and have hot ports to "come in from the cold" when it's already dark at half four. Awesome.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm pumped for winter. The season for real men.

I also work in a greenhouse, I'm not really kidding either. Because local government, they decided to renovate the atrium at our offices so it's now a pound-shop version of the one in Parliament, with none of the appropriate aircon.

As a result the sun beats down on the roof, which then acts as a magnifying glass, heating up the floor below to such an extent that they have had to put enormous parasols in the waiting area because people were getting heat-stroke and collapsing while waiting to get a meeting about their housing benefits.

It's fucking barbaric. It's 10:45 and I can already feel the ol' batcave perspiring like a very slightly leaky tap.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

The heat is fuckin cruel and I'm in Ireland where it's never past 16 degrees, so this is all new to me. It's 32 in my office now!

Had a plop around 11 and even though the wipe was a clean sweep with no trace of gik on the old quilted northern, the paper was deceptively and uncontrollably sliding up and down my split.

I veeted my personal area last night again. All around and up and down, so that may have contributed to the slickness as I'd imagine the downy fluff would keep a fair portion of the sweat under control in those situations, lads.

The sun is absolutely glorious today where I am, not so good for work though, it was our 'Tuesday morning team building' exercise and it was dickheads (Me) turn to pick what we were doing.

We've done go karting, paint balling, mini golf so I decided to take the office to a scrapyard and have an anger management session by smashing the shit out of anything and everything in sight. Most of us enjoyed it but one of the team fainted and now I have to cover their appointments for the next few days.

The only upside is that if it's still baking hot, I'm just going to arrange appointments for the beer garden near work, I get expenses paid too so I'll be using that for all its worth.

• Paid Members

I'm also sat right next to a giant thick window that magnifies the intensity of the sun tenfold so I feel like a cannabis plant in a Vietnamese attic right about now.

This made me laugh!

I guess being an unemployed layabout had its advantages as I'm currently sat outside Costa with a mint choc chip cooler loving the weather. The breeze is warm but not sticky and I'm wearing shorts I never thought I'd wear in the UK!

• Moderators

The sun is absolutely glorious today where I am, not so good for work though, it was our 'Tuesday morning team building' exercise and it was dickheads (Me) turn to pick what we were doing.

We've done go karting, paint balling, mini golf so I decided to take the office to a scrapyard and have an anger management session by smashing the shit out of anything and everything in sight. Most of us enjoyed it but one of the team fainted and now I have to cover their appointments for the next few days.

The only upside is that if it's still baking hot, I'm just going to arrange appointments for the beer garden near work, I get expenses paid too so I'll be using that for all its worth.

That scrapyard thing sounds like loads of fun. That would easily be the best team building thing I've been on.

That scrapyard thing sounds like loads of fun. That would easily be the best team building thing I've been on.

It's great fun, a client who I got a job there sorted it out with his management. We got told that we couldn't use any machinery and to not touch the spare parts corner, other than that, it was fair game.

They've done it a few times before, I feel there could be a niche market for it if thought out thoroughly enough.

• Paid Members

No, the worst human beings are the ones who take their shirts off around town on hot days. How much cooler is taking that shirt off going to make you?

Yeah but it means they can show off their impressive tribal tattoos. Plus doing this enables them to drink WKD in the streets, which will also keep them cool.