All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

All purpose place to moan about how shit the weather is. It's as British as Winston Churchill ragging The Queen on the bonnet of E-type while gnawing on silverside. Elgar would probably be playing on the radio or something.

I'm beginning to understand these Daily Mail headlines that prophecy death and pestilence every time the temperature deviates from about 18 degrees, because I am fucking melting.

I went for a light jog earlier and lost 2 lbs. I'm getting through three pairs of boxers a day due to the truly offensive levels of sweat I'm producing. My office doesn't have air conditioning and I can't deal with it. I'm going to buy enough fans to produce a device capable of flying me to Lundy Island tomorrow.

Anyone else having weather woes in this heat?

Edited by Gus Mears

I am struggling, I burn easily which means I have to keep covered up - I haven't found a sunblock thay lasts through the day yet. I'm also out in the car a lot for work, that is killing me. I have AC in the car but it's still like a sauna when I get in and takes time to cool down, plus having the AC on for a long time makes me sinuses hurt. I'd much rather it was cold (no rain though, just cold). I hate being too hot, it makes me tired and irratable.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

Yeah. I've been getting by with my medium sized oscillating fan up until today. Now it's just basically useless and air conditioners have sky rocketed in price. Supposed to be 33 degrees tomorrow! Still, I've got my linen shirt and cargo shorts laid out for tomorrow. I don't remember the last time I wore shorts at work. It's been years.

According to my weather app, it'll be between 33-36 degrees every day during my six weeks in Asia. I don't know how I'm going to cope.

The cold is much better. It's way easier to warm yourself up than it is to cool yourself down.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Christ, speaking of cars, the Mears Wagon is a 2004 KA with no air conditioning and vents that randomly switch on and blast warm air at you every ten miles or so.

I had to drive to Cambridge with that lunacy on Saturday and was tempted to just plough into the M25 central reservation. At least I could have had a lift in an air conditioned RAC van then.

• Paid Members

Aircon in work is fucked. One half of the office is sweltering, the other (wear I sit) is cool but clammy. The lunch room is like a sauna it's that humid, and the meeting rooms are like fridges. Walking from one end of the building to the other is like four seasons in one day.

• Paid Members

Fuck you all.

Seconded. I've been waiting for this weather for ages. All the bloody tropical-type rain and shitty cloudy days, about time we got some decent heat. And we're only getting it for a couple of days, so stop complaining. We'll be back to the monsoon soon enough.

• Paid Members

I'm getting a fucking banging tan though, and isn't that what really matters?

Aye, I've got a tan like the singing detective, because that's how I roll. Ace weather. People who moan about the heat are the worst human beings. We get about two weeks of it a year on and off.