All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

Was driving my bus when some suit twat on a bike took a corner too fast, as they do like they own the fucking road, and the wind blew him over. I had to stop because I was laughing too much. 

Looks like he tore his jacket so I said “Bet he’s a gooner and will be injured for a few months now” and the whole bus laughed and applauded. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was driving my bus when some suit twat on a bike took a corner too fast, as they do like they own the fucking road, and the wind blew him over. I had to stop because I was laughing too much. 

Looks like he tore his jacket so I said “Bet he’s a gooner and will be injured for a few months now” and the whole bus laughed and applauded. 

Probably one of those 'Daniel Craig's the best Bond' types as well, by the sounds of things.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The wind just flew me off my bike and a bus had to slam on the brakes to stop from slamming into my splayed body. Can't quite process what just happened. 

Shit, man. Hope you're OK. And yeah - Chest's right, keep an eye on the arm. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Time to break out the hi viz coat? 

It's been hi-viz coat since it started getting darker in the evenings and early mornings. 

• Awards Moderator

The rain and wind dislodged a couple of tiles in our roof and we have a leak. Which can’t be fixed until it stops raining and being windy. Each time it rains it gets worse, and the need for it to be fixed gets that bit more urgent, and at the same time each time it rains it’s another day it can’t be fixed because it needs to not be raining. The cost at last estimate wasn’t extortionate but every time it rains I imagine more being added to it. I can’t do anything about any of this and feel stuck in this weird holding pattern where everything is out of my control.

Fuck the weather, is my point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I haven’t read the forecast in a while, so no idea if this was mentioned, but it was a surprise for me this morning. I can finally take my 3 year old out on her sledge for the first time ever today. She’s currently marching around the house just saying “snow snow snow” to the theme of twinkle twinkle little star. 

C79F9A4B-CD2C-47D0-8699-4EFF42E0283F.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Total cost to me of the bad weather is £3500.

£500 to replace the greenhouse destroyed in storm Ciara (pretty much because it was the cheapest of cheap with plastic windows).

£3000 to replace the whole garden fence down one side of the garden - obliterated in places by Storm Dennis, whilst crumbling concrete posts make the rest look like they are ready to topple too.