All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Night-times are brutal. I can't breathe out my nose, I'm sweating like Harry Kane trying to play Scrabble, the fan on full-blast does nothing. As much as I appreciate Global Warming killing 95% of the world's bees, if a Scotsman is having to look into getting AC surely we've fucked with nature too much?

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Absolute shite for us night workers, this. It's bad enough sleeping at night but try doing it in the day Mon to Fri. Can't we just have winter already? It's dark when I wake up, it's dark when I go to work and it's still dark when I'm going to bed. Its fucking brilliant.

It's 16 degrees and it's been pouring down non-stop since I woke up at 9am, so why am I struggling with the heat way more than when it hit 38 degrees a couple of days ago? Last night was bloody awful, too. Woke up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched, as if I'd just got out of the shower. This really is a fucking ridiculous state of affairs.

• Paid Members

It's because there's no breeze at all. So it's taking about 3 days for house temperatures to catch up to the outside temperature. It's still sweltering in our flat with every bloody window and door open.

• Paid Members

Had a BBQ planned next weekend and OF COURSE that's when its going to be pissing it down, so I'm going to have twenty folk squeezed into my impeccably small house during a humid day. The Great British Summer is back to normal.

Edited by Accident Prone

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Right. We're fucked up here. A bit of rain and everything goes to pot. Roads closed. Rivers burst their banks.

Any of my Yorkshire brethren feel my pain?

Nothing like the scenes from Sheffield  but our front garden is pretty much a pond at the moment. Had a swim across our footy pitches at lunchtime to see how they're looking for the weekend. It's pretty much rained for 6 weeks.

Edited by tiger_rick

• 3 months later...

Just opened the back door to let the dog out and the bins are all over. This storm can fuck off now as far as I'm concerned.

It's pretty bad in God's Own County, but I presume there's plenty worse than us. There's been a few fallen trees and one escaped trampoline local to me but that's it.

It's still getting on my tits though.