All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Probably the third day I lived over here, I went to the shops in 100 degree heat and some insane degree of humidity. I couldn't get the key to work in the door when I got home, and as I stood there getting progressively more annoyed, I felt like I was going to faint in the hall. Finally ended up going back to the shops to stand around till someone with a working key came home.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

• Moderators

"Good money on the bins". 

That's a catchphrase around here said enviously whenever anyone said they're a binman. Same up in Yorkshire for remuneration?

Edited by PowerButchi

To be fair there is money on't bins. There's also an incredible amount of sweat. But the people of Rotherham have looked after us with copious amounts of water.

Walking through the front door at just after 1pm makes it all worthwhile though.

So far today I have seen a girl threaten to kick a load of Italian lads in the bollocks if they didn't stop playing football near a load of south Korean girls. As well as a skinny, greasy haired goth wearing a leather trench coat lookng like a sweaty extra in a straight to DVD Matrix rip off.

A pro to working nights in this weather is i can sit in the garden all afternoon.

The con is that i have to somehow find a way to sleep because sleeping in anything above 25 is hard.

I'm seriously thinking about driving straight to sunny hunny after work tomorrow. It will take me about 1 1/2 hours but i will miss the morning rush hour.

• Moderators

To be fair there is money on't bins. There's also an incredible amount of sweat. But the people of Rotherham have looked after us with copious amounts of water.

Walking through the front door at just after 1pm makes it all worthwhile though.

Simon Day used to do a good bit that went along the lines of:

"My old man's a dustman,

he wears a dustman's hat,

he's home by 2 and spends the rest of the day wanking and watching the racing. Not a bad life, is it?"

The Likely Lads who work for a Sky call center across the road from where I work have taken to playing hurling during all available lunch breaks due to the spell of good weather. Were you a wimp like me in school who had a pathological fear of being twatted in the face with a ball? Well there is no worse ball to have flying around an industrial estate at high speeds than a sliotar. A game of hurling is terrifying to walk through, and it's the only way out.

Who even brings a hurley to work? And then walks around with it in one hand and a fag in the other? They all have those mental Penny's shirts as well. The really generic ones that just say 'MIAMI TRIANGLE' across a girls tits.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

a skinny, greasy haired goth wearing a leather trench coat lookng like a sweaty extra in a straight to DVD Matrix rip off.

I've seen a ridiculous number of people walking around town in black hoodies, some with the hood up.