All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

We've had a couple of nice days. It's been due a big rain though as its been getting so humid. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Aye, hottest temperature ever recorded in the UK is apparently 38.5, so we're on track to break that. It's insane that there are still climate change deniers out there.

TUC are pushing hard for there to be a maximum working temperature at the moment, and I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Good fucking lord! 38° tomorrowScreenshot_20190724-133510_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5672eb8d5d7e8bf87213ba4a2d0fde0b.jpg

I'm working outside at West ham all day, I am fucking dreading it. It's 32 with a bit of breeze in Essex and my hair wax has melted off my head.

WKXC5Du_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Rey_Piste
Foto

• Awards Moderator

Been in London for two days. Done four tube journeys at rush hour and I turned up to meetings looking like I’d come last in a really niche wet t-shirt contest.  

The only pleasure I’ve had in the last 48 hours was the four minutes between Marble Arch and Oxford Circus when I nabbed that end-of-carriage spot where the window was wide open and I got belted with air like it was a shit 80’s soft rock video.

At Euston now and I can’t wait to get fucked by Branson on an overbooked train with the heating seemingly set to Simon Weston mode.

• Paid Members

Forecast of 23 degrees with clear skies. Absolutely fine by me though I'll still be in the shade when I can between 1 and 4.30 in the afternoon.

I've never understood why so many people think that the warmer the temperature, the better the weather will automatically be. Any temperature above 25c just makes me melt unless the humidity is near rock bottom - the 38c forecast for London would feel like hell.

• Paid Members

My forecast says a high of 34 with scattered thunderstorms. I've packed an umbrella just in case, and am very aware that by forgetting my hat yesterday I've got sunburn on top of my head. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Ralphy said:

i am a baldy and wear a hat, however it has a hole at the back and now i have a hilarious red patch of sunburn! 

They joy of the baseball cap, eh? 

• Paid Members

Bald here also - I always make sure to put on F50+ on the ol' chrome dome, drink plenty of water and regularly hit the shade. Adore this weather, but heat stroke and sunburn could ruin that.

Edited by Carbomb