All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You aren't a football fan, are you.

I actually am!
I was of course a meaning purely optimistic weather, as per thread.

Regarding the football, i can't see us progressing much further. We are not "street smart" enough IMO, also who have we played so far? Let's hope i am wrong & they get past Columbia on Tuesday, just can't see it myself :(

1 minute ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I was of course a meaning purely optimistic weather, as per thread.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:36 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

This is supposed to be a weather moaning thread so all you dreadful herberts who like this sweltering hell can arse off and do your own thread.

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

So strictly moaning then? OK...

I fucking hate flies! Also bees are a pain in the arse when you try rescue them from being trapped indoors.

In other "weather moaning news"... i live in quite a rough area, so as much as i love to have the doors & windows open, you always run the risk of being turned over by dodgy little scroats if you forget about security for one second.

• Paid Members

I have a fan which sounds like a Harrier Jump Jet taking off and produces the amount of breeze I suspect a fly would if it farted. I am not looking to spend loads, but anyone got any recommendations on fans which are not too noisy (but I like white noise, so that may help) but actually produce some cool breeze? My friend has a Dyson which i think is over priced and not that great.

Well...with buildings in Scotland melting, gingers evaporating, and Goths taking refuge wherever they can, the gleeful BBC announce another two WEEKS of this. Mercury over 30 here, and as a...ahem...more "robust" gent, I'm drinking my bodyweight in water. Thank the Gods for online shopping, last thing I want to do is tackle the scummy mummies and shirtless slackers at Asda or Tesco, and return home with ice cream soup. 

I've got a couple of Yank ex-pat friends who are bemoaning the lack of residential AC in this country, and I'm sick of reminding them, THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! 

Also, any retail friends and colleagues on here and anyone working in what I would call, logistics, fuck what they say, you have a right to carry a bottle of water. I remember working the warehouse at Tesco and the temperature touching 48. In PPE (toe caps, thick cargos, gloves). We were lucky enough the store manager would turn a blind eye to us storing our bottles of drink in the walk ins.

Bring back March

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have a fan which sounds like a Harrier Jump Jet taking off and produces the amount of breeze I suspect a fly would if it farted. I am not looking to spend loads, but anyone got any recommendations on fans which are not too noisy (but I like white noise, so that may help) but actually produce some cool breeze? My friend has a Dyson which i think is over priced and not that great.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4252225 we've got this one at home, it's not at all bad and the noise is fine (my missus can sleep through it, so that's usually my litmus test).

• Paid Members

I've got two fans on the go at my place. When we moved in here, it was a new build and I at that time bitched that there was no air con. I figure with global warming and such, we should be getting used to quite hot summers and preparing for them.