All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Are you going to meet Carbomb in some poncey gin bar while you're here?

Don't make out like you don't want to join us.

• Paid Members

My office is quite airy so t-shirt and jeans, plus my desk fan, and I'm quite comfortable. Sweltering when I go out for a fag break though.

I have a job interview tomorrow just off Oxford Street, so it'll be in a suit, in this heat, in that fucking area.

• Paid Members

I used to work in a suit shop, in a shopping centre that was a converted old abattoir - our shop had a glass ceiling, no air conditioning, and because it was part of a listed building, no scope to install any or remodel the place. Was working there over the summer, having to wear a full suit at all times, not allowed to loosen the tie or undo the top button. It was absolute torture. And it's not like we were doing big business most of the time either - no one wants to come in and try on suits in those conditions.

Luckily I was only part-time - apparently one of the full-timers fainted from the heat.

• Paid Members

If you've ever worked at/visited Parliament, you'll likely have gone through Portcullis House, which has a lovely glass atrium. Wiltshire Council decided to waste a bunch of money of their own shit version of it, except without the air con, or any appreciation of what time of day the sun would shine through it. They had to put up a load of parasols inside the building so that people didn't collapse while waiting to see social or visit the registry office. Glad I spent most of my days spamming my friends work phone with insurance call back services, because actual work was impossible in that heat.  

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

My office is quite airy so t-shirt and jeans, plus my desk fan, and I'm quite comfortable. Sweltering when I go out for a fag break though.

I have a job interview tomorrow just off Oxford Street, so it'll be in a suit, in this heat, in that fucking area.

Sorry Spurs, fat fingers and not paying attention to what I'm doing, that was supposed to be an upvote for the job interview (fixed now). Good luck!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Sorry Spurs, fat fingers and not paying attention to what I'm doing, that was supposed to be an upvote for the job interview (fixed now). Good luck!

No worries. It's a very low paid job, so may not even be worth the upvote!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

No worries. It's a very low paid job, so may not even be worth the upvote!

Well, good luck anyway! Don't envy you having to go down there in a suit in this weather though. 

Just had a wander round sunny Brighton on my lunch break. The beach is a heaving mass of people, as expected. 

Edited by mim731

• Awards Moderator

I'll not be complaining about the heat for however long it lasts. After the shitarse of a winter we've had up here that feels like it started in early September and ended today without interruption, I'll be grateful for any and all days I don't have to de-condense the windows in the house in the morning and blast the heating all night.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I'll not be complaining about the heat for however long it lasts. After the shitarse of a winter we've had up here that feels like it started in early September and ended today without interruption, I'll be grateful for any and all days I don't have to de-condense the windows in the house in the morning and blast the heating all night.

I agree with this. Prior to last week, when we had some sunshine but temps were still in the low teens, I felt like I hadn't seen the sun shine since around September. I honestly think it affected me mentally.