Hardy vs Hardy: The Final Deletion

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

OK so I'm sure I'm not he only person who has for a long time completely ignored TNA and don't really properly read the TNA thread even. It kinda passed me by that there is a Hardy vs Hardy programme going on that is total insanity, and I think it deserves its own thread and for more people to see it.

Seriously, go watch this video, it's just under 20 minutes long and then come back and tell me what the fuck you think you just watched.

https://youtu.be/GG6y-5OYc_0

Matt Hardy is like a Power Rangers villain channelling Will Ferrell, and the whole thing is batshit crazy.

Sorry if I'm late to the party and everyone is already well aware of it, but fuck it. It's still worth having its own thread.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, like you, ignore TNA. And, again like you, didn't even notice there was a sibling feud going on, so maybe, just maybe, that's got something to do with the fact that I just couldn't get into it at all. I have never enjoyed empty arena matches and this had the same feel from that POV. I think it would've benefited from being infront of a crowd. Not in an arena necessarily, but in front of a crowd at least. Even if that meant they couldn't have done the fireworks or drones in the same way.

It was all just too silly for me to get into. The nods to the pairs past like Matt saying "This will be your REAL Armageddon, and including fireworks against Jeff was pretty cool but nothing other than "Easter eggs in a movie" type of cool.

There's a theory going around that it was all in Matt's head anyway and none of it even actually happened. I don't want to have to think about my wrestling this much

Like I said in the TNA thread I think the Hardys should be genuinely commended for the fanboyish effort they've put in to this. Wrestling would be much, much more entertaining if all the guys had the same weird creative energy and were allowed to do their loopy ideas with company money. You'd get a lot of shit, granted, but I guarantee you it would make for a more colourful, surprising show than a world full of Randy Ortons.

The Hardys are doing what most of us would do if we were in that position. Oh fuck, I am a wrestler aren't I? Let's treat my job like a massive, batshit insane career mode save file.

I'm assuming the theory that Matt made it all up in his head came from the part where Jeff woke up from his nightmare on the sofa but seeing as he wasn't killed or anything I think he was just remembering the night before. I'm pretty sure the events in the Impact zone the week after pretty much confirmed that it did indeed happen anyway.

• Paid Members

Easily the best thing going in wrestling right now is this. Not since maybe Punk was calling Vince and Cena twats has wrestling segments featured such fresh and brilliantly quotable segments. It's like one super long cutaway segment from the Edge & Christian Show, which is no bad thing.

Bloody incredible how brilliant Matt Hardy is now. It was only a couple of years ago he had that "aw no, it's Kane" vibe to him.

• Paid Members

I've just offered Matt Hardy a £190k a month written contract in my WWE EWR game. His stats are shit, hell he'll probably get lost in the shuffle, but I just got too excited when I saw his contract was up.

That's all because of this video. I've watched it about half a dozen times so far, it's tremendous. WrestleCrap at its first, but tremendous nonetheless.

Talked about this a bit on a podcast this week but for me it's all a bit overhyped. I was told it was 'revolutionary' but ultimately I think as a match it falls a bit short. That plus I just can't get away from the fact that it's Matt and Jeff Hardy knobbing about and getting it put on TNA telly just puts me off it. The concept I like, but the execution falls flat I feel.

Archived