Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I imagine the logistics of that are pretty difficult to sort out.

Does Rogan pay his guests? 

Always wondered that. I doubt it, if you are doing media type stuff or want to promote yourself, Rogan is one of the best platforms out there.

But, similarly, Rogan makes serious coin from his podcasts. If you get the iTunes version there’s nearly 10 minutes of adverts before every pod and a gang of adverts at the end, plus he’s forever flogging/plugging onnit stuff and sponsors products throughout. I’m a fan of his, but I think it’d almost be a cheek not to pay someone. Certainly expenses, at the very least.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I wonder how that works out. Jerry Seinfeld always gives his guests on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee an envelope with a fee after every episode, which almost everyone refuses to take (well, apart from Howard Stern, which is why I know this). I wonder if Rogan offers a fee but some of his guests/pals wave it out of respect. Proper poor form if he doesn't, considering his show is usually a 50/50 deal and reliant on good guests.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

It's one of the weakest projects Seinfeld has done, but it's a breezy watch. Very much depends on the guest he has on - a good guest gets more episode time than the shorter rubbish one. It's basically Seinfeld and his guest sharing anecdotes in a very choppy, fast-paced manner.

The Super Dave, Norm Macdonald, Garry Shandling and Don Rickles episodes I remember finding really fun because, well, look at those names.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Must get on that, was always fascinated with Ryan when i first started watching MMA and was learning about it's history. Hearing him labelled the Gracie Devil and him losing his shit are some of my earliest memories of Pride.