Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah and it's boring. Stipe answers the questions like some dull 5 cap England international giving stock answers post-match.

I love Stipe, but you can tell that he struggles whenever a camera/mic gets shoved in his face. A combination of not being the brightest and clearly a ton of shyness, which is mental considering.

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to it yet (I actually don't think it's even started yet), but the MMA Hour today could be good, with Randy Coture, Darren till, Yoel Romero, Justin Gaethje and Kamaru Usman among the guests.

Edited by WeeAl

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to most JRE podcasts anyway, so I'm fine with it, but it is a shame what's happened to the Joe Rogan MMA Show already. It went from being a bespoke podcast for MMA nuts to just being a regular podcast with guests who are someway connected to MMA. The Schaub, Bravo and Schaub/Callen podcasts have all veered wildly off topic onto the usual touchstones like aliens, AI and all that other stuff.

Think it was better when it was Joe monologuing on MMA.

• 2 weeks later...

And true enough, this week he has done two MMA shows with people that clearly aren’t in his closest circle of friends and they are a marked improvement. The Jimmy Smith one in particular is very interesting.

Theres also a bit at the end where he’s talking about Ngannou whispering to Overeem that had me crying with laughter.

Interesting to note that in the one with Novitsky, the Golden Snitch says he doesn’t believe that Jon Jones deliberately cheated but now it’s a case of proving it.

All good stuff.

I've grown a bit tired of the MMA Hour of late but the interview with Jared Flash Gordon was something else. Couldn't believe my ears throughout - the man's been through (and put himself through) enough to make a trilogy of movies.  The part where he basically admitted the burglary allegation was extraordinary, not sure how wise that was but it was compelling listening.  

• Paid Members

I'm one of the few on planet earth that doesn't mind Tyron, but that was a bit rough, like. Fair play to Rogan for calling him out on certain issues. Tyron spends most of it bitching about how he's perceived and treated by others, but he's not bothered by it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I watched a little bit of Woodley on Rogan's podcast this morning and it was just constant moaning. Scrolled down to the related videos to see if there was anything else from the episode that was worth listening to and saw a video titled 'Tyron Woodley says he doesn't even really like fighting' or some shite. What a surprise. Is there anything he does like? I bet he dislikes Christmas, ice cream and puppies as well. Just a joyless soul. 

The thing is, there are times when I've thought his griping was justified. Like when Dana went overboard with the criticism and being a dick after the Maia fight. But he just bitches about everything and seems to have this need to always be the victim that really grates and makes it hard to warm to him at all. It's a shame because he's a good fighter and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But his whining is annoying.

The clip I did watch, Rogan seemed to be basically saying the same things we've been saying for ages and trying to get Woodley to see that the world isn't against him. But Woodley isn't having it. 

John Danaher gives me the creeps. He’s a cartoonish serial killer type character of a man.

He comes across like a prick at times, too. The bit where he was quizzing Joe ‘and what would you do next?’ was dickish power play of the highest order.