Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

This was the div talking like McGregor had "way more power" than Canelo

Let's not forget one of his trusted sources telling him about what a tremendous wrestler Ngannou was prior to the Stipe fight. Apparently Olympic-level wrestlers couldn't take him down.

Anyway, aye, very much Team Hearn on this. I like Wilder, but the way his camp are handling this is not a good look.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

It baffles me how many people seem to have fallen for this 'Joshua is ducking Wilder' bollocks. That line of thinking seems to be mostly from Americans who have totally eaten up the Wilder hype and are probably just siding with 'their guy', to be fair. Wilder is a heavy hitter but for the life of me I can't see why Joshua would duck him. Who has Wilder beat really? At least Joshua has been in a few dogfights. I take everything any promoter says with a big fuck off load of salt but if Hearn's right about Wilder's team not sending any terms for the contract or any proof that the money was there, then why the fuck would anyone agree to that? It's basically a blank contract. Almost as bad as the stories of Don King making fighters sign their name on a blank sheet of paper then putting whatever text he wanted above and below that signature to make up the contract. Nobody's getting away with pulling that shit in 2018. If you make all these noises that you really want a fight but then there's no contract terms sent over, no proof of where this magical $50 mil purse is coming from, no timeframe in place, fuck all, do you really want the fight? Or are you simply posturing just enough to keep your name relevant? From following this thing it really seems like Team Wilder have just used this whole thing as a publicity stunt. It's worked but it's coming across shady as fuck. There's always two sides of course. I'm not saying the Hearn/AJ side are angels in this, but I don't think there's any ducking going on here. 

And yeah @ColinBollocks it's at the point now where I think whoever Schaub's 'sources' are, they're doing it on purpose, feeding him bullshit and watching him regurgitate it publicly, just to take the piss

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure where to put this but seeing as we were on about Dan Severn in here the other day here's a blast from the past. 

20/20 Special on the UFC from 1995;

Pretty famous piece in MMA circles as it's where John McCain called it "human cockfighting". There's more from Severn here as well as Keith Hackney and Emanuel Yarbrough talking about their classic from UFC 3. Watch it. 

Utter cobblers, that podcast was. I like Joe, I don't hate Brendan... but you shouldn't call it an 'MMA Show' if you're going to veer so wildly off track. It's just a podcast.

I look forward to the MMA shows, so it bums me out when one of his mates goes on and they chat shit about comedy and cars and other nonsense.

• 1 month later...

You have to listen to Brendan Schaub’s latest rant about Nick Newell. Besides being 2 weeks out of date, I’ve never heard so many faulty assumptions of logic in one stream of thought.

All because he’s upset because Dana White, another giant man baby, called him a prick online.

Anyone who buys Schaub’s bullshit about being a clever businessman or marketer can eat a dick, he’s a fucking idiot who can’t maintain internal logic from one thought to the next.

I could stand him as a Rogan sidekick, but his own platform has required him to speak for longer than 30”. He’s not qualified for that.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Cowboy went in with a two-footer on Jackson-Wink last night. Proper bury job.

Aside from that bit of heat, it's a really good show. Cowboy talks about tripping his balls off and that time he nearly died. Of course, not much in-depth MMA talk on the MMA Show, outside of the J-W drama.

Edited by ColinBollocks