Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

All very true, but I found the podcast very interesting. I stuck it on at 10.30, thinking I'll watch 30 minutes before nodding off, but I ended up watching the whole thing.

But, aye, clearly he's of the opinion he is indeed a genius. His weird insecurity/hubris made the whole thing fascinating.

Listened to it all now - I have more of an appreciation for the effort and planning he puts into his game, but I'm struggling to think of a less likeable guy in MMA than Woodley. Whiny, smug and entitled. He said at the start that he was doing stand up - who is paying to watch that?  

• Paid Members

Wonderful.

That definitely wasn't a good look for Woodley. In his interviews with Helwani, he comes across as more likeable and WAAAAY less defensive and bitter. I don't know if that's because Helwani is better, or Rogan just doesn't mind calling folk out on nonsense. Woodley seems to be of the opinion that everyone is out to get him, which is sad, because he really should be feeling on top of the world  - he's achieved one of his biggest goals, but he seems less than thrilled with the reality of being there.

Edited by ColinBollocks

The hypocrisy of the man is the most striking thing for me.

He says he’s a true martial artist who just wants to be the best and doesnt understand people chasing nonsense big fights or trash talking; then proceeds to talk about how he wants only big fights for big money.

He says he hates people who are just interested in celebrity but then witters on about acting and stand-up.

Hes just a bitter man who wants everything and to be adored, and resents everything around him.

46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Hes just a bitter man who wants everything and to be adored, and resents everything around him.

Indeed. The guy is rich, has a beautiful wife, four cute kids and is at the absolute top of his chosen profession but he never stops moaning. His family could bring him breakfast in bed and he would just moan the eggs were to runny.

He claims he doesn't care if the fans like him but its painfully obvious he does. He needs to take a step back and look at the fighters who are loved and why that is. From the guys like Fedor or Couture who could be your next door neighbour but are the baddest guys on the planet to the brash, funny, trash talkers like Conor who back it up. Theres brawlers like Leben who would fight anyone at the drop of a hat and put on a show. Theres all kinds of ways guys and girls in MMA have won the adoration of the crowd. Pissing and moaning about everything all the time has never turned anyone into a star. Its going to do the opposite and turn people against you.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• Paid Members

Just attempted to listen to the Chael/Rampage conference call and GAD is first up with the questions. He bumbled, stumbled, 'um'd' and pissed me off with his wanky way with words so much that I had to turn the thing off and now I'm in a bad mood. The cunt. 

• 2 weeks later...